This topic contains 97 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I read over at SNR mag on a way to make your own glimmer glaze and I wanted to share it because it's easy to do and REALLY pretty.  Some people make large batches of this and put it in small jars, but I just do a mix real quick on my plastic pallettes.

Take a small amount of clear glaze.

Water it down a bit and mix it really well.  (They didn't give measurements, but it's hard to screw this up)

Add a bit of perfect pearls or pearl ex (I think that is what it's call) and mix well.

Then paint it on what you want to have shimmer!!!

I did this and it's really pretty!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

What and where do you get the glaze?  I've never used it before….

Thanks for sharing! What did you use for a clear glaze?

AWSOME!! Hmmm, so it will dry hard and clear…..NICE!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Diana I used some clear gloss I had from Deco Art, but I would imagine glossy accents would work too.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

What and where do you get the glaze?  I've never used it before….

Clear glaze can be purchased at any craft store.  There are so many different brands of it. 

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Cool! I will try this! TFS, Mandy!

TFS Mandy..will have to try!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Awesome Mandy!!! thanks for sharing!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

welcome girls!!

Diana I used some clear gloss I had from Deco Art, but I would imagine glossy accents would work too.

cool I think I have glossy accents here somewhere ;D

TFS, Mandy!

alright! tfs!

Ok, so I tried some variations on this…I am in a play mood today!

I am using Mod Podge Gloss and Smooch Ink. I put glitter with some…I put perfect pearls in one…I am using Glimmer Mist instead of water. I am just making little tiny tubs of them!

Manda..our little scientist!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.