Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I had a wonderful Christmas but my hands are full. Dh wanted a boxer. I kept telling him no way but all the while I was looking for one. I found one about a month ago and have been keeping it a secret for his Christmas present. Anyway, he was surprised, but now we are going through the pottie training phase. So far so good and hopefully it won't be too long before I am free again.

I also hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Patty, what a wonderful present!!! How I wish I could have seen your DH's face!!!!

My Christmas was nice, Sophia was running here, there and everywhere with her cousins, so I got fleeting glimpses, lol. But I spent most of the time with babies, feeding, rocking and just enjoying holding them.

The drive home was an adventure: there was a sudden snow squall and the roads were soooo slippery for about 10 miles. There was an accident up ahead of us, so we spent about 45 minutes sitting on the highway waiting for a lane to clear. The good thing about the wait is that the sun came out in the meantime and melted the snow, so the roads were clear after that.

Patty, show us pics of your new fur baby!

Peggy, what a fun way to spend a day! I love holding babies! Watching children enjoy Christmas is so much fun!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I am not Patty. I am Barbara, and yes you should have seen his face! He was a little confused because he saw the pet carrier first. He said he thinking what SPCA mutt did she get. Not that there's anything wrong with that since our last pooch came from there, but he wasn't expecting a boxer with papers!! Ha ha!! I totally
          made his Christmas!! I can't tell you how many times I had to stop myself from giving it away!

Peggy it sounds like you had a wonderful time enjoying those little ones!!!

And I will try to post a pic soon. Her face is so dark it's hard without good lighting. I took some on my phone to send to relatives but that's about it.

Oops! Sorry, Barbara!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

No biggie. I haven't been around much for awhile.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Barbara that sounds like a great present and a hard secret to keep! Can't wait to see the pics!

Santa made the kids happy. The kids were really good all year but the two weeks leading up to Christmas were “eventful” with the boys. Santa wrote them a
              letter with a few things to work on for next year. They were SO relieved
              that they made the good” list this Christmas. There was some doubt. A few
              days before Christmas I even overheard My daughter “praying” to Santa in her
              room – saying something along these lines… “Santa I really, really believe
              in you and I know the boys have been very bad lately but PLEASE come visit
              my house. I have been really good for mom and trying to help her unload the
              dishwasher and stuff without even asking for anything like an allowance”.
              Hee, hee… she doesn’t even know what an allowance is, LOL. There was more
              to it and it was so funny. Oh I wish I could have recorded it.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I am not Patty. I am Barbara, and yes you should have seen his face! He was a little confused because he saw the pet carrier first. He said he thinking what SPCA mutt did she get. Not that there's anything wrong with that since our last pooch came from there, but he wasn't expecting a boxer with papers!! Ha ha!! I totally
                made his Christmas!! I can't tell you how many times I had to stop myself from giving it away!

Peggy it sounds like you had a wonderful time enjoying those little ones!!!

And I will try to post a pic soon. Her face is so dark it's hard without good lighting. I took some on my phone to send to relatives but that's about it.

What Cheryl said. Post-Christmas duh's, I guess, sorry.

Anyway, that WAS an awesome present to give; I'm looking forward to pics!!!!!

that's awesome Barbara! I want to see the puppy & your hubby's reaction! 🙂

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Santa made the kids happy. The kids were really good all year but the two weeks leading up to Christmas were “eventful” with the boys. Santa wrote them a
                  letter with a few things to work on for next year. They were SO relieved
                  that they made the good” list this Christmas. There was some doubt. A few
                  days before Christmas I even overheard My daughter “praying” to Santa in her
                  room – saying something along these lines… “Santa I really, really believe
                  in you and I know the boys have been very bad lately but PLEASE come visit
                  my house. I have been really good for mom and trying to help her unload the
                  dishwasher and stuff without even asking for anything like an allowance”.
                  Hee, hee… she doesn’t even know what an allowance is, LOL. There was more
                  to it and it was so funny. Oh I wish I could have recorded it.

Oh that is too cute!! Love how she was praying for her brothers!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I wasn't able to get a pic of when he saw the dog. It was planned that the kids would get here before he came home from work on Christmas Eve. Well he came home early and I was holding the puppy, but once he realized what I was holding he took her right out of my arms! She is a chewer. Good thing we are cage trained. She is either outside or we are playing with her and then it's back in the cage to sleep. I forgot how much work they are to train.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Oh Barbara what a nice surprise for your dh, can't wait to see a pic!

Sounds like a great time you had Peggy with the new babies!

Vicky how cute was that to hear your daughter praying, it is too bad you couldn't have recorded it, lol!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Vicky, I love your story!!!! DD sounds like an angel!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.