Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tips, Tricks & Techniques How do you color your chippies?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I'm quite new at using the wonderful chip boards from a.o. Dusty Attic, (as Norway somehow is not the center of the universe and therefor don't have scrapbook stores everywhere?! !lol ) so I'm asking all you amazing ladies; what's your secret?
    I would love to get all kinds of different ideas, as I so far has been 'crazy' :O enough to paint two white and use the rest as they are…
    Maybe there already is a thread about this, if so – please direct me to the proper place!
    THANKS A LOT! !heart

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I use glimmer mist, paints, distress inks, smooch inks and spritz, distress stains. Just about anything you have with works on them.

There are some tuts here. Look under tips and tricks and tutorials.

Cecilia, I color them with lots of mediums. Paints – Gesso – colored Gesso – embossing ink and powder – solvent inks – you could mist them, I think there are a lot of ways to give them the color you want.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Celia, on the side bar there is a button that says tutorials. Click on that and under video tutorials, there is a video tutorial highlighting several ways to alter chipboard.

ALL that, paints, acrylics, gesso, stains, Distress ink, pigments, Stickles, Smooch, whatever you have that has color, you can slap on them!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

As the other ladies have said, and remember that using more than one element will give you more dimension.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

ALL that, paints, acrylics, gesso, stains, Distress ink, pigments, Stickles, Smooch, whatever you have that has color, you can slap on them!

Color, sparkle, bling. It all works for me.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Ditto, Ditto, oh ya, and more ditto! LOL

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Big Ditto to all of the above!!

love stamping on mine too!

Thank you all for great tips and for directing me to the video tutorials! I can't believe I didn't think of looking there! :p

I made a LO with two chippies, one colored with acrylic paint and then embossed on some parts and the other just embossed.
                I used a great sketch from the gallery, but didn't have enough stuff left from my kit to use that, so I used stuff I had from before. (I've only recieved one so far, and wasn't clever enough to get any add-ons the first time.. I've leaed! ;D ) I don't know if I can upload it to the gallery when I havn't used all kit stuff?

The pictures are from a sweet little oval weekend my husband and I had in Paris in September and the little guy on the photos is 'Tassen'. He goes where ever we go, so far he's been to Spain, Egypt, Denmark, Paris and around in Norway and Sweden.

And of course he has to be in a photoshoot with typical french espresso and macrones! !lol

[img:width=600&height=593]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1319880551_909_FT124693_lo_when_in_paris_.jpg[/img]

Here's a close up, and I'm so pleased with the way it tued out – thank's to your great tips! !heart

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1319880785_909_FT124693_lo_when_in_paris_closeup_.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Oh Ceclia!!! This is beyond gorgeous. You did an amazing job with your chippies!! Create an album for yourself in the gallery and upload it there. Also, if you have used items from primarily one kit, you should upload it to that kit gallery too.

BTW~ I love Tassen! LOL I have friends do something very similar (much to the horror of their children) and it makes me LMAO every time I see a photo of theirs.

That is one beautiful LO Cecilia!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Cecilia, your design, your flowers and your chippies are stunning!!!! & I love your story!!!!

Beautiful LO, Cecilia!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.