Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers How do you do it???

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Please tell me..how do you ladies get your LO's to look so picture perfect when you upload them?? Any tips or advice?
    I feel that is one of my biggest downfalls, I have the camera..I've got the LO..but I haven't found that perfect place to take my pic. I've tried everything, outside in the shade, outside in direct sunlight, inside my house where the sun shines through, and even under a stupid old lamp. But they do not compare!
    Other than PS9, any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Or maybe it's just the picture taker..and I need to get my butt into a class to know WTH I'm doing.. Haha!!

outside looking down over it. I take several shots. Then I tightly crop in photoshop or whatever program you use.

Snagg1
      Send PM

I use a light tent to take my photos. The light is nice and bright and diffused so it has a soft look, and I don't have to wait for the weather to cooperate. Then I upload to my pc and auto adjust lighting in PSE (sometimes it needs it). Then I crop it and I'm all done.

Thanks ladies! You make it sound so easy..hehe.
      Hhmm..a light tent, are those pricey?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Try some white foam board. I have the 3 sided and a regular sheet 20×30 I think. Put the 3 sided behind your layout and the regular one under your layout.

This should help with your lighting.

Try some white foam board. I have the 3 sided and a regular sheet 20×30 I think. Put the 3 sided behind your layout and the regular one under your layout.

Oh wow! TFS Kim..great idea!

[quote]

Oh wow! TFS Kim..great idea!
        [/quote]

That is a good idea! I clip my LO to my blinds in my scrappy room. I have daylight bulbs so that helps. Sometimes you can see the end of my tweezers that holds the LO to the blind if I forget to put it through CS5 just right!

i always have this issue too, need to find the right place to hover over my LO outside, i guess.
        would LOVE a light tent, it's on the 'list'.

I used to have the same problem Mimi, and then I found that if I place the l/o on a white foam board, tape down the coers if they're curing up; place the foam board on the ground in a shady place (preferably in the moing to avoid the harsh sunlight and the shadows that cast over the l/o); then stand as close to the bottom of the foam board as possible and bend over; set your camera on the snow feature, this brightens the l/o and you don't get any shadows. Then after you've loaded up your pic in PS you can adjust the saturation or contrast to your liking but you don't have to do much touch up when you use the snow feature. Ha ha, listen to me you think I'd know what I was talking about, but since I've joined the club in November my picture taking skills on layouts has improved substantially as I no longer have overexposed l/o's, or shadows of me standing over them anymore. It's amazing how much I've leaed here and grown. Thank you ladies for making me a better scrapper.

Snagg1
          Send PM

Thanks ladies! You make it sound so easy..hehe.
          Hhmm..a light tent, are those pricey?

There is quite a range in prices. Check Ebay. It is well worth the cost. Don't forget the lamps that you can get with it. I posted a thread somewhere LOL that has info on the type of light bulb as well as some links to light tents. You can get the lights and the tent for under $100 if you do some digging around on Ebay.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I used to have the same problem Mimi, and then I found that if I place the l/o on a white foam board, tape down the coers if they're curing up; place the foam board on the ground in a shady place (preferably in the moing to avoid the harsh sunlight and the shadows that cast over the l/o) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `ID`=VALUES(`ID`), `post_author`=VALUES(`post_author`), `post_date`=VALUES(`post_date`), `post_date_gmt`=VALUES(`post_date_gmt`), `post_content`=VALUES(`post_content`), `post_title`=VALUES(`post_title`), `post_excerpt`=VALUES(`post_excerpt`), `post_status`=VALUES(`post_status`), `comment_status`=VALUES(`comment_status`), `ping_status`=VALUES(`ping_status`), `post_password`=VALUES(`post_password`), `post_name`=VALUES(`post_name`), `to_ping`=VALUES(`to_ping`), `pinged`=VALUES(`pinged`), `post_modified`=VALUES(`post_modified`), `post_modified_gmt`=VALUES(`post_modified_gmt`), `post_content_filtered`=VALUES(`post_content_filtered`), `post_parent`=VALUES(`post_parent`), `guid`=VALUES(`guid`), `menu_order`=VALUES(`menu_order`), `post_type`=VALUES(`post_type`), `post_mime_type`=VALUES(`post_mime_type`), `comment_count`=VALUES(`comment_count`); then stand as close to the bottom of the foam board as possible and bend over; set your camera on the snow feature, this brightens the l/o and you don't get any shadows. Then after you've loaded up your pic in PS you can adjust the saturation or contrast to your liking but you don't have to do much touch up when you use the snow feature. Ha ha, listen to me you think I'd know what I was talking about, but since I've joined the club in November my picture taking skills on layouts has improved substantially as I no longer have overexposed l/o's, or shadows of me standing over them anymore. It's amazing how much I've leaed here and grown. Thank you ladies for making me a better scrapper.

Thanks for the info Joyce. I'm going to try the snow feature and taking the LO into the shade!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I always take photos of mine outside as well….looking down on it

Thanks Joyce! I'm gonna look for that snow feature on my camera! I didn't even know there was a feature like that..you see, maybe I do need camera classes, along with picture taking, and photoshop! LMAO!

And Lisa…I guess Ill have to be lurking around ebay, to see if I can find a good deal. Is there a specific name or brand you can recommend?

Thanks so much ladies! This is a BIG help!

Outside, indirect sun, standing over the LO, get a tight shot, upload to computer, open up in Photoshop, crop around the photo, use the warp tool to get it just right, fix exposure if needed, enhance color, sharpen, adjust size, done…Sometimes I take the pic inside, on the floor in a spot with great light, no shadows, not to dark.

Awesome Lisa! Thanks for all your ideas ladies!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.