Home Forums Kit Talk Suggestions How do you store your 3D/bulky layouts

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I was just wondering how everyone stores their 3dimensional layouts without damaging the elements. Do you frame each one? This is probably a question that has been asked before, but please let me know by either linking me to a past thread or giving new advice.
    Thanks so much
    Gail

frame some, some in d ring albums, and a lot in boxes

Snagg1
      Send PM

Ditto. LOL

Snagg1
        Send PM

Pile them gently on shelf. Well that is what happens when I have too many. I frame them. IN frames with no glass. I get the D-ring albums the ones that fit go in there. Others go into boxes.
        I have also created a wall mural with 6-9 clipped together hanging from a cafe rod.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

What the others said either, frame or albums

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

D Ring albums for the most part. Forget the post-bound, if your pages are bulky, you need something that will allow you pages to lie flat when the album is opened.
            A trick I leaed a long time ago: before assembling your page, trim off about 1/8 from the top OR the bottom, depending on the design and another 1/8 from one of the sides. This will allow your finished page to fit perfectly in the page protector.

I put my 3-D LOs in page protectors and then tie them together with ribbon. I also frame the really good ones that I'm in love with! LOL! Natasha had a good idea on her blog. She stands them up in shelves. I don't have the room….but…my DD is planning on moving in January. I'll miss her, but I'll have two extra bedrooms!

I think I've framed almost every really 3D layout I've done! I'm really not a 3D scrapper normally, but the few that aren't framed are in D-ring binders.

Peggy, if you buy the We R Memory Keepers page protectors you won't need to trim your pages… they are sized slightly bigger than 12X12.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Monica, thanks for that; I'll be on the lookout for them!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Thanks Monica that's good to know

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Same as the other gals…boxes, D ring binders or frames…

I frame them in 13 x 13 shadow boxes.

Monica, thanks for that; I'll be on the lookout for them!!!

You're welcome! Try Michael's when you've got a 40% off coupon…. they carry them and even have them in stock sometimes. (rolling eyes here… seriously, mine does not consistently keep them in stock for some odd reason)

Thanks ladies, do you have any space left on your walls? LOL

Snagg1
                    Send PM

LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.