Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff How do you store your kits?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I just got done cleaning my scrap closet out. What a daunting task that was to say the least! It took me over a week and I have a lot of stuff. I organized my papers by maker and line. Especially since I have so many of G45's lines going back a few years. My solids I have in color and gradient order. Do you all keep you kits separate from your other stuff or does it all become part of the stash. I'm thinking on starting a special spot just for kits.

I have a special spot in my Workbox for the past 3 kits. After that, I break them down and the supplies go with everything else of a similar category. Like I have a drawer for resins, one for TH and Prima metal embellies, etc. I also keep a binder with the sketch sheet that comes with the kit and the corresponding list of items in that kit. That way I can go back and see if something came with a kit or I can list items used in a project.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I've been storing my kits as kits for a little over a year, thanks to a suggestion of Rae's (the bulkier packages go into the general population, though).
        Papers are stored by manufacturer, only because I have a problem sorting by color…
        And everything else is sorted by type.
        I had everything totally organized last summer, but I seem to have managed to clutter things up since then. I want to reorganize, just need to find the time and desire 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

LOL Peggy … the desire… that's what stops me every time!! 🙂

Snagg1
            Send PM

I like that idea Maria 🙂 Peggy my closet had gotten so bad I couldn't get into it and the drawers couldn't even open all the way. It was so overwhelming and daunting each day I had to force myself to go into it if only for 15 or 20 minutes.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I haven't a whole lot of kits yet since I'm unable to subscribe right now but do have a few kits that I have bought when Krissy is clearing them out and the one my secret Santa sent me (thanks again). I do tend to keep them as kits. My other papers I try to keep organized by colors and/or by manufacturer.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I keep 3 of the drawers that you see under my desk, reserved for kits. Once I've used up most of the kit I just integrate everything into the general scrappy population. If I still have a lot of a kit left over I will pack what's left in a plastic bag and put several in the same drawer.

I just started putting all the flowers and embellishments in a plastic shoe box as they don't always fit easily in those plastic drawers. When I am working with a kit, I separate the flowers out of the shoe box into a small basket and that way I can easily look thru the kit contents without everything being scattered all over my desk. I always clean up after every project as I get kinda crazy if everything is strewn all over the place.

[img:width=600&height=460]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1398858438_312_FT238477_img_7448copy_.jpg[/img]

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Great pic Maggi!
                I like to break my kits down after the month is over, so all my stuff goes into general scrap population.

Love your craft room pic Maggi!
                Whatever is left from my kits at the end of the month gets separated into their categories. I do keep all my papers grouped in brand/collections though.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

My kits are stored from the floor to the ceiling, lol! And every inch of my scrap closet is filled as well. Everyday I worry my DH is gong to send a pic of my office to that hoarders show.

imagejpg1_zps7d8b6fb7.jpg

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I keep 3 of the drawers that you see under my desk, reserved for kits. Once I've used up most of the kit I just integrate everything into the general scrappy population. If I still have a lot of a kit left over I will pack what's left in a plastic bag and put several in the same drawer.

I just started putting all the flowers and embellishments in a plastic shoe box as they don't always fit easily in those plastic drawers. When I am working with a kit, I separate the flowers out of the shoe box into a small basket and that way I can easily look thru the kit contents without everything being scattered all over my desk. I always clean up after every project as I get kinda crazy if everything is strewn all over the place.

[img][/img]
                    [url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1398858438_312_FT238477_img_7448copy.jpg][img:width=600&height=460]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1398858438_312_FT238477_img_7448copy_.jpg[/img][/url]

I am drooling here..gorgous scraproom!!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

After the month is done I break the remaining supplies down by type.name brand papers like prima stay together and the rest get color sorted. I have to start with a clean desk everytime too-although clean is relative since my desks are paint and gessoed splattered

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I keep my kits together by month in these ziploc storage bags dh found for me at the dollar store. I don't mix my kits with my regular stash.

Snagg1
                          Send PM

Great space Maggi! I have no room to myself. My desk is in the den which I share with my kids who play their video games or watch their shows. I'm glad I have a closet though 🙂

I'm leaning toward what you do Kim 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.