Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff How do you store your paper?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Do you have your paper standing up or laying down?

I am going to be moving things around in our bedroom so that I can use one end for my work area. Our room is 25 x 13 or 14 so we have room for me at one end 🙂 Right now I am using a coer. I need more space. LOL

I need to buy more storage cubes and things and I desparately need storage for my paper. I keep seeing pics with people are storing their paper standing up. Doesn't the paper warp?

Thanks girlies!

I've done it both ways. I'm in a quandry right now too. Really can't get too excited about much since I don't know if I'll have to break and run for the hills or not???

I love all the pics of everyone else's scrappy rooms. Mine is a toado area right now. Lisa…post pics when you decide what to do. I need mojo in my scrappy room too!

mine is laying down.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Upright. I can leaf through it much easier.

laying down on paper towers that my awesome bro made me.

Stacks and piles…no kidding…In draws on shelves..stacks and piles…

oh yea..always laying down.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I have some upright on shelves so I can leaf throught them too..but the majority is kinda stacked everywhere else lmao…its really bad in there 🙂

Snagg1
            Send PM

Thanks ladies. I have stacks and piles too Lisa LOL! It will be a few weeks before I am able to get things moved around. I have to make sure I have enough money to buy the storage units before we tu things upside down in the bedroom.

The majority of my paper is laying down. Does it really warp standing up? Or is there a correct way to store it..so the paper doesn't damage?
            Good question Lisa!
            And if you don't mind me asking, where are you getting your storage units from?

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I have most of mine standing up and it doesn't warp. I have a roll around hanging file cart that I keep most of my solids and misc papers in (CRopper Hopper). I really love that and wish I had room for another. The rest of my paper is stored by collection in those plastic standup things that Cropper Hopper makes or in those cheap plastic Craft Keepers envelopes. I also have a drawer where I keep my most recent Swirly kit and when all else fails, I keep my swirlykit in the box it came in, LOL!! Right now I am behind on using my kits so I have Moulin Rouge and the Nov kit in their boxes. I desparately need to retire so I can clear the non scrap related junk out of my scrap room!! No idea where I am going to put my Vagabond when it gets here!! I think I am going to be forced to clean up and out.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                Send PM

The majority of my paper is laying down. Does it really warp standing up? Or is there a correct way to store it..so the paper doesn't damage?
                Good question Lisa!
                And if you don't mind me asking, where are you getting your storage units from?

I buy the Jetmax storage units from Michael's. Sometimes they run a 50% of sale and that makes them stupid-cheap! LOL

I have most of mine standing up and it doesn't warp. I have a roll around hanging file cart that I keep most of my solids and misc papers in (CRopper Hopper). I really love that and wish I had room for another. The rest of my paper is stored by collection in those plastic standup things that Cropper Hopper makes or in those cheap plastic Craft Keepers envelopes. I also have a drawer where I keep my most recent Swirly kit and when all else fails, I keep my swirlykit in the box it came in, LOL!! Right now I am behind on using my kits so I have Moulin Rouge and the Nov kit in their boxes. I desparately need to retire so I can clear the non scrap related junk out of my scrap room!! No idea where I am going to put my Vagabond when it gets here!! I think I am going to be forced to clean up and out.

Maggi Dear….don't think that retiring makes more time to do fun stuff. It isn't true!!! I know that my Sistahs that have little kids around do more scrapping than I do staying home 4 out of 7 days. I didn't do ONE single thing today….
                I'm just a slug!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I am completely OCD and love paper! This system works great for me. I actually put a smaller pocket/folder inside the cropper hopper to hold the scraps pertaining to each folder. I haven't had any problems with it warping. Plus, I like that I can label/decorate each holder.

Shoot! I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to attach this picture…ha!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I have cropper hopper things, but not enough of them. Bought 5 more but got the wrong kind, got the little pouches. (dumb ass me) So, until I can find the right ones, a LOT of my paper is on the floor in piles, and more piles.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.