Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff I'm mad and stressed at the same time!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

In July of 2007 Holly and I had a cruise planned. She couldn't go at the last minute, so a friend went with me. I paid for her cruise cost, but she had to pay for the airline ticket. Because of the short notice, her ticket was $758. She has made 3 payments for the ticket for $140 in 4 years! I didn't say too much about it when I had extra cash, but times have changed! I've talked to her in May and she promised to make monthly payments. She made one! I emailed her on Friday….no response. I emailed her today and asked her if she had gotten my email? She was snippy and replied…Yes, I got your email. That was all!!!!!
    I was PO-ed and fired back another email….demanding she make payments asap! Well, it didn't go, so I had time to compose another less hot email. Now, I'm not sure which one got sent? Truthfully, I don't really care. The only problem is….she is a teacher where I tutor. I don't work with her or her co-workers, but it may get awkward…..She has the money to get her nails and toes done every 3 weeks, and booze around the clubs, tan, and get long eyelashes with Latisse..which is very expensive!
    Any suggestions, Savages???? I HATE DRAMA!!!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Debbie, that sucks. Big time. (And she works with kids?????) Do you have documentation that you could use in small claims court?

Never loan money to family or friends. LOL
      I had a friend who I was VERY good too when her husband left her and her 3 kids for another chicky. She had a book of mine from a boxed set and owed me money that she collected from the social group I organized. She met someone else before the ink was dry on her divorce papers and moved out of state to be with him. I asked her for the book and money several times nicely, then nastily.
      She just ended up blocking me. It's been over a year now and I never got any of it back. I really don't understand that kind of behavior at all. It wasn't even a lot of money. It's just the principal. So let this be a lesson to you Miss Debbie. It really doesn't pay to be a good friend. So I'm not anymore. :p

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I've loaned money to a very good friend a few times. One time she didn't pay me back, and I have loaned her some since then. For me, when I lend money, I always consider that I may not get it back. This friend is a single mom, the father is a complete deadbeat. My friend does have her hair braided all the time, and she has her nails done, but she works in a place that requires her to look top notch, so I can't really say too much. I know that one day she will pay me back, but I'd rather just forget it since it's been so long.
        This is just me, but I would just say lesson leaed. It takes so much energy to try to get it back. You could tell her that you wished that she hadn't ruined your friendship over money. That might make her feel guilty enough to pay you back!

Snagg1
          Send PM

I can relate. When you borrow money they never forget but when they borrow money they never remember. I too have had friends like that. Luckily not enough $ to spoil a friendship but also leaed not to lend $ to family or friends.

I would chalk that up. You probably won't get it back. It is sad, but when you loan people money like that and they don't pay you back quickly, it ain't comin.

🙁

People are so irresponsible, it is ridiculous.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Bummer, yeah I don't understand how someone can be an ass when they owe you money, does not compute in my book!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

It's hard to forget because I paid for her cruise to the Bahamas as well!!!!! I never asked for a penny of that because I would have not gone by myself if she hadn't gone.

Well….when I got home tonight, there was an envelope by my door. A payment for $50 was in the envelope. I just hope she keeps it up! I never loan money just because of this very thing happening. She's making the big bucks still….and I'm not! Lesson leaed!

(After my DD couldn't go on the cruise due to her new job, she quit the daed job 3 weeks later….She hated it! We could have gone together after all! x)

well, glad to hear of the progress!

like they said, if you lend money, don't expect to get it back. it's unfortunate, but then you're not disappointed when it happens.

my dh lent money to two friends. one set up a payment plan and paid when he could, it took a long time, but it did get paid. the other? started paying back, then dropped off the face of the earth. he only showed up a few years ago, to show off his new girlfriend. still no money!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I NEVER lend money to friends….. I do, however, occasionally give money to friends….. like Rae, I don't count on getting it back, so I always make sure I can afford the loss……

but I hear you on the she has plenty of money for 'her' stuff thing….. I have a sister that we were going halfs on Christmas presents one year….. and she was constantly complaining about her lack of funds, but then would eat out at least twice a week, and always seemed to have money for decorations/new curtains and such….. drove me NUTTY!!!!

I NEVER lend money to friends….. I do, however, occasionally give money to friends….. like Rae, I don't count on getting it back, so I always make sure I can afford the loss……

but I hear you on the she has plenty of money for 'her' stuff thing….. I have a sister that we were going halfs on Christmas presents one year….. and she was constantly complaining about her lack of funds, but then would eat out at least twice a week, and always seemed to have money for decorations/new curtains and such….. drove me NUTTY!!!!

You know….I think that is exactly why it bugged me so much that my friend hadn't made any effort to pay me back. I don't get my nails done or tan or go night-clubbing. I don't have the cash….I'm supporting my DD, my DGD and me! I had 4 years to get really ticked over her behavior. We'll see next month????
              Savages….let my mistake be a good lesson. If you loan money, consider it a gift!

I have decided that is true with loaning my children money — a gift. When I borrowed money from my mom I repaid it and with interest.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.