Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews Ingvild/Prima distressing tool?

This topic contains 73 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author

Is it all that's is hyped up to be? Is the rasp any different than sandpaper? Does anyone use it a lot or is it a nice to have (once in a while) kinda tool? Thanks!

[img:width=240&height=135]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1330284316_1015_FT0_sbc_pri-890940_0.jpg[/img]

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I use mine a lot.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I use mine

Yeah, I use the sanding edges more than the distresser edge, just because of the handle. I still use my TH little distresser for that. The wire end is great for scuffing up stuff!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

What they all said. I still use my Timmy tool for small spaces and the Distrezz for the big jobs, but the rasper is awesome! (You may want to get the small mat, too; the rasper will wreck havoc on whatever you place your paper on.) & what Manda said about the wire end…

Snagg1
            Send PM

The rasper, IMHO, is stronger than sanding paper. It will really rip and chew on wood pieces. I used it a lot on my Kaisercraft chest of drawers from this past month's tech kit.

As for the paper distresser, it is good to use on thicker pieces of paper that my Heidi Swapp one won't go around. Then again, my Distrezz it All is good for the thick stuff.

The metal brush is nice if you doing heavy distressing. It is a nice tool with options. You should get one. You would be surprised how many times you reach for it.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I love mine, and I use it on almost every project. I love to use the wire brush on pictures around the edges.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I agree…. I absolutely LOVE mine too!!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Peggy, is right though- get a small mat too, or you will ruin whatever surface is under there. I have the Ingvild big mat that has a rasp tool area on the bottom, and it's getting destroyed!

OK, thanks ladies – will add to the shopping list 🙂

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Use mine all the time!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I don't have one, but from all of the positive feedback above, it sounds like I better get one!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Lisa, seriously, I don't know anyone who's regretted this one; it's an amazing tool.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Lisa, seriously, I don't know anyone who's regretted this one; it's an amazing tool.

:P

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

I don't have one, but from all of the positive feedback above, it sounds like I better get one!

Yes, yes….get one!!!!! ;D

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.