This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am about to make changes to my home insurance and was wondering how some of you went about putting a value on your scrapbook rooms and books? I realize that insurance will not replace the books that I have already made, however if needed (I hope not) I would need to make them over again. Thank you for your help.

Snagg1
      Send PM

I've never valued my stash. I think all of your stuff would fall under the heading of contents on your policy.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

In michigan, it's considered personal property. When u file a claim they will ask for the items,value, and year purchased. Then depreciate.

THanks for your help

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Ask for a replacement value policy…that way items are not depreciated

on this subject, here's a story – i live in a townhouse complex. last night (NYE no less) we got a CRAZY knocking on our door at 10pm. it was the neighbour asking us to call 911, their place is flooding and they smell smoke.
          the firemen come ( 🙂 ) and it tued out that a light fixture in the basement (which is where my scraproom is, btw) had short circuited or something, and when it di that, the heat melted the water pipes above it, where the kitchen sink is, and there was huge damage to the basememt, and to the main floor.
          if it were my place, my entire scraproom would have been esentially trashed.
          they restoration company was here today – their guess is 3 MONTHS TO REPAIR!!!!

happy freakin new year!!

I upped my home insurance to cover all my goodies in my scraproom. That's scary!
          My big worry is someone breaking in…I guess they wouldn't take my scrappy stuff…except computer, TV, printer….the big stuff. I might hire some thieves to help me carry some stuff out of here tonight! I'm still organizing!!!

on this subject, here's a story – i live in a townhouse complex. last night (NYE no less) we got a CRAZY knocking on our door at 10pm. it was the neighbour asking us to call 911, their place is flooding and they smell smoke.
          the firemen come ( 🙂 ) and it tued out that a light fixture in the basement (which is where my scraproom is, btw) had short circuited or something, and when it di that, the heat melted the water pipes above it, where the kitchen sink is, and there was huge damage to the basememt, and to the main floor.
          if it were my place, my entire scraproom would have been esentially trashed.
          they restoration company was here today – their guess is 3 MONTHS TO REPAIR!!!!

happy freakin new year!!

Holy $hit Shell!! That is scary..Just look at it this way, although this will be a huge inconvenience, your stuff is OK…Right?? I'm sorry it happened. I remember when our old house was flooded (100 year rain), I lived without a kitchen for 4 months…Dishes in the bathroom sink..Oh joy!!
          tootaloo, gotta go to work to make money for more scrappy goodness!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Sorry for your neighbors but glad you and your stuff are OK!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh Shelly, that is scary. Glad your stuff is okay!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Shelly, glad for you, but your poor neighbors!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I might hire some thieves to help me carry some stuff out of here tonight! I'm still organizing!!! Debbie you crack me up. Thanks for the laugh!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Better ask a professional so that you may weigh-in options http://www.quotes-center.com/home-based-business-insurance/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.