This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Found a great site that some of you might be interested in. You could make some really neat embellies with the technique. It has tons of free pattes from butterflies to teddy bears, you name it. I think it would be great for using up paper scraps. Website address: http://www.circleofcrafters.com/irisfolding Here is a sample of what they do:
      [img:width=356&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1299858164_550_FT0_gown.jpg[/img]

Your iris folding is gorgeous. I have done some in the past and used it for embellies. It's get quite interesting effects. This one is very cool.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Gorgeous! How come I could have come across this when I was making my paper doll? LOL

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I wish I could take credit for making this, but it is one of the samples from the site. I am going to try some of their easter pattes for some cards, and I will send a picture when I get them done.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Lisa, I loved your paper doll. So much work and such beautiful details.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Thanks so much Linda! XO

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Cool, Linda, thanks for the link!!!!

Thanks for the link!

Oh, I remember ordering a kit from Anna Griffin when she used to be on QVC using this technique. Of course, it's unopened somewhere in my stash of Things to Do Someday!!!
                The sample is very pretty, and Lisa….I don't remember seeing your paper doll???

After looking once more….that folding looks difficult. Very pretty, though. Elegant is more the word….

A tip for successful Iris Folding…..

It's all about the fold.
                cut your paper strips about an inch wide and then fold each one down the middle. Now you have a fold piece 1/2 inch wide or so. The folded edge should be a crisp fold, so I always go over the fold with my metal ruler.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Wow!! I remember this being popular many moons ago. it would be cool to bring it back…Swirly style!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

its awesome!!

TFS!!~

Wow!! I remember this being popular many moons ago. it would be cool to bring it back…Swirly style!

absolutely! that dress is so cool!

Thank You Linda!! I have always wanted to try Iris folding…Beautiful!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.