Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Is it snowing at your house?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Here in easte NC we have about 5-6 so far and its still snowing. This is really unusual for these parts and will totally paralyze the place. They just don't have the equipment to deal with snow. Dh is out shoveling the drive. It's really pretty out.

Everyone up north in the path of the blizzard, stay safe and warm!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Wow….Never heard of snow there.
      When my brother was in the Army and was stationed in Georgia, he took a leave to come to Michigan. Driving beck…it had snowed in Kentucky. They shut down the expressway. They made him leave his car right on the expressway! Luckily there was a trucker…who was nice enough to let him share his truck….and use his radio…to call ahead and let everyone know he would not be back. It was all because they were not used to snow…and didn't have snow removal equip.
      Hope all goes well. My DH is from SC…love it there!

We have snow…and I am watching the little birds eat the seed I have out for them. Cardinals, blue Jays (they are not that annoying here), and Easte Bluebirds…and Goldfinch…and Black Cap Chikadees….Junkles..and occasional tufted titmouse. They look so pretty against the snow.

No snow here but we're bundling up for another freeze tonight & tomorrow…Who said Florida is warm in the winter…..haha

We have lots of snow.
      We usually only have 5-10 days with snow a year here in southe Sweden.
      But last winter we had snow from Dec til March (like 3 whole months) and this year we had snow already in November…

Charlotte, Nc and yes indeed we have snow. More than I care for, but the kids are happy….

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

LOL!! I am really shocked as I think we have nearly a foot of snow at this point and it still still coming down. dh has been shoveling all moing. I bet we're one of the few families that even owns a snowshovel around here! Well after 5 years in Alaska and 8 in Denver, yeah we have a snow shovel and right now dh is wishing he had that snow blower we sold before moving here!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

No SNOW! We rarely get snow. And, I'm glad! I lived in WY for a year, and I hated every day, especially the winter snowy days.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

It's snowing in northeast Ohio and the blizzard is supposed to hit NYC tonight so Tony and Kristina stayed another day…..

in Vancouver, we only get about 1 snowy christmas a decade.
            it's wet, and windy, this year. usually it's just wet.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Seems we always have snow, but that comes with living where I do.

We are having a blizzard. I should get some good pics tomorrow when it stops if I dare to go outside! Well… I must get to the gym again. The Xmas creampuffs are weighing heavily on my thighs… sigh…

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Yep, blizzard in central NJ…
                It's blowing so hard that I can't judge the amount that's fallen. Our drive home from PA was interesting: the NJ Tupike was busy enough to be just wet, but the local roads had enough of a coating to be waaaaaaay slippery. But we made it in one piece.
                Kathy, you lucked out with Tony's extended stay. He's smart to wait, it's really bad out!!!!

No snow here yet. We don't get a whole lot but we do get it. In fact they say we should have some by this Wednesday.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I hope everyone stays safe!!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

We holed up yesterday….. watched the snow….. enjoyed the 'kid-free' time…… ;)

We woke this moing to a beautiful white moing….. and since the dh is off today….. another peaceful day….. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.