Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Is This Photo Hopeless?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I've been going through the photos of Colby's birth and would really like to use the following one for a SGC Moment 2011 LO, however it is very grainy. I am a PSE10 neophyte (I've successfully edited one photo that was good quality to start with – yay! – and spent a long time on another that I somehow didn't save – boo!). Is there anything that I can do to reduce the graininess of this photo? I'm not adverse to going B&W or to having any actions on it, though I don't even know if any of those come standard with the trial version. Any help anyone could give, even if it's just a couple of pointers, would be greatly appreciated.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Hang on, I've got to resize – sorry!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Okay, here we go again… (I'll probably crop the photo down to narrow the focus to just the baby and me).
          [img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1326259628_876_FT134958_colby_may_17_201125_-_smaller_.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
            Send PM

I can give it a try later when I am hope tonight. If Lisa G is around today I'm sure she will give it a go too.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Thank you, Lisa! What tools do you use to remove graininess? And I've heard people talking about noise but I'm not sure what that means.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Thank you, Lisa! What tools do you use to remove graininess? And I've heard people talking about noise but I'm not sure what that means.

That graininess you are talking about is called noise. Hopefully Lisa V can help you cause Lisa G posted last night she is working the next 3 days.

Jackie you lookmlovely in that photo, even if it doesn't tu out perfect I say use it anyway. The look on your face speaks volumes.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I love birth pictures. True Love. Sorry can't help. I am sure the lisa's can help.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Aww Jackie..adorable photo!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Thanks, ladies! Nothing like meeting a new little person for the first time. I love looking at the first photos of DH and our boys because you can see it there, too.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I know what you mean about those seeing the look on daddy's face when he's holding his little one for the first time…. 🙂

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I haven't had much success with this, here are the two versions I've come up with.
                          [img:width=600&height=440]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1326866514_876_FT134958_colby_may_17_201125_edited-2_med_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM
                            Krissy
                            Krissy
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

Those look great Jackie.

Snagg1
                                Send PM

CRAP! Jackie, I totally forgot. OMG why didn't you cuff me in the back of the head.

Beautiful photo regardless of the graininess…I love the black & white version!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.