Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff It's Toodles for a little while….

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I had to suspend my Swirlydoos membership until a little later….and it hurt my soul to do it! My DD quit work in January and started back to college. She will finish in December, so it's just me supporting all of us….and believe me….things are kinda tight right now.

However…..I'm still stalking the site, and I love seeing what you gals are up to. I'm missing all of you so much already…..but this to shall pass.

Keep creating, and I'll keep stalking!
    Hugs!!!!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Debbie, please don't disapper on us. You are always a swirly girl.

I am so sorry things are tight right now. Good luck to your dd being back in school.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Oh Debbie That must of been hard. But you have to have priorities. Family First. The forums are here for you. Kit or not your a member. Swirlyhues and member challenges and Round Robin are also creatiive outlets. You can use your own supplies. I am sure you have enough Swirly supplies to hold you over for awhile. I look forward to reading your posts. Please don't stop. I almost had to do the same and cut back but DH was called back to work.

Oh Debbie, I here you!! And I feel for you. I am sure you have enough in your stash to play along with us for a long long time. So dont go away. Like Connie said, there are challenges that dont require a current kit!! Use your stuff!! I dont want to have to miss you!! Stay put!! xoxoxoxo

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Debbie, I do understand and I wish I could give you some {HUGS} in person.
          (Deep breath) First, as much as you all have to sacrifice now, I know that I don't have to tell you that your daughter made a great decision and that this will pay off for all of you in the long run.
          Secondly, as Lisa pointed out, you must still have some Swirly stuffs stashed away. Please take it out and play with it and share the results with us. Remember, most of the member-hosted challenges do not insist that you stick to the current kit. The Swirly Hues contest has no requirements save that of colors. And when you play along with Paulien's cards, Lynne's tags and Lisa's flowers, anything goes.
          (I can hear you: What??!!!??? Is she out of her mind??? I'm working all these hours and then get home and cook and clean and I have no time to…. That's why I'm encouraging you to stick with us. A few moments snatched here and there to work on a layout or to make a tag or to try something new can be very relaxing, which is what you really, really need.)
          And thirdly. You may not be a subscriber, but your ARE a member, Savage to the bone!!!! Please don't just stalk; but chime in when you're here. We have missed you and your humor and your feistiness (spellchecker says that's not a word; spellchecker is wrong) more that you realize!!!!!!!

Oh, Sweet Girlies!!! After I posted this, my heart was actually hurting! I went to my email, and there was an invoice from Sweet Krissy!! I decided that was an answer from above that I wasn't supposed to quit quite yet!!! LOL! So I paid the invoice before Krissy could change her mind. I have been a SwirlySister almost since the beginning….and it was almost like cutting off part of my family! No can do….
          I can't get any extras right now, but I can manage the kit….Holly may just have to get a part-time job!
          She is doing so great in college. I'm so proud of her. She is at the top of her class and her lowest test score has been an 88 and her highest average in Anatomy was 114!!! (She gets her smarts from her mother !lol ) Her father has yet to buy her one gallon of liquid gold to get back and forth to school. Oh well….his loss!!
          I'm scrapping right now, and have a big smile on my face. Holly stayed up until 4:30 a.m. arranging my ScrappySpace and mopping the floor so I could have a nice, clean space to scrap in today.
          Hugs to everyone!!!! See ya!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Oh Debbie, I'm so glad! I echo what everyone said above. I've really been missing your wonderful sense of humour! I am so glad your daughter is doing well and is happy with the choice she made. Like Peggy said, it will definitely pay off in the long run. And what a sweetie to clean your scrappy place for you! Yay! Debbie's back!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

So happy your staying Debbie, scrapping is always a great stress reliever and with tough times this is a good way to help yourself relax!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

debbie I'm glad you are able to squeeze out the kit $$$. But kit or no kit you are our swirly sista, Please stay on the forums. Things will get better

Well it was a sign and glad you are staying!!!! I have so enjoyed getting to kow you and would miss you….happy!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Oh Debbie!! I really hope you pop in now and then!! We're here for you!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh, Sistahs! I'm like a bad penny….you just can't get rid of me! Thanks for all the love and encouragement! Love you all !!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Glad you decided to stay Debbie…

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Oh, Debbie, I'm so, so glad that you've managed to figure out a way to remain a subscriber, I hope that you do realize that you'll always be Savage!!!!!
                      That's great news about your daughter, not only did she clean your scraproom, she's getting awesome grades!!! You both must be so proud!!!!!

Now. You must check in more often. Please??????????

That is awesome Debbie!! I hear you about getting kids through school . Gabbies 50 grand tuition is killing us!!! But it is a must. There are no govement grants for her, This is all on our own. So now that she is out of work for a while, it has been a little harder on us having to pay her bills while she recovers. Big hugs to your daughter for her wonderful grades, and big hugs to mama for raising such a wonderful kid!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.