Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges January RR ~~~ Something New ~~~ And the Winner Is… (See First Post)

This topic contains 284 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 286 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Hands down, for this stunning page with the gorgeously stenciled background, the beautiful flowers and the delicate embellishments all surrounding this beyond adorable cutie, our January winner is Kim!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

(You may want to check out the blog or the LOTW forums; this page has also been selected as Layout of the Month!)

[img:width=600&height=616]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1388973082_131_FT227122_img_1992_.jpg[/img]

******************************BOILERPLATE BELOW***************************

First, let me explain to the newbies exactly what a Round Robin is. All entrants sign up in advance and then are assigned by the hostess into teams of four. The #1 person on each team will post an original layout on the first Monday of the challenge. The #2 person on each team will then have a week to create a lift of that layout, which will be due the following Monday. The #3 person will lift that layout and post her entry on the next Monday. On the last Monday of the challenge, the #4 person will post her lift.

In the past, this Challenge was limited to subscribers and required that each entry contained mostly Swirly ingredients. During her hibeation, the Robin did a little behind the scenes consulting with a couple of veteran Savages and we thought that we’d try something a little different. Starting this month, while the use of at least 60% Swirly stuffs (from any kit past or present) will ea an extra point, you may use any products of your choice.

Entries must be posted in the Round Robin thread and in the Gallery. I understand that some of you have Gallery issues. If you let us know about them in the Tech Support thread, one of us will get you started.

At the end of the Round Robin, I will be taking votes from all Swirlydoos members and each vote will, of course, count as a point toward choosing a winner. But why stop there?

As I mentioned above, you will receive one point if your entry is made up of at least 60% Swirly stuff. (Please list these in the forum as you post your entry.)

One extra point will be granted for the inclusion of a technique that you’ve leaed from the Swirlydoos You Tube Channel. CLICK HERE (This can be from any month; please mention the technique and include the link in the forum as you post your entry.)

During each round, you will receive one point if you leave some loving for all entries (except yours, of course) in the Gallery.

******************************END OF BOILERPLATE***************************

And now for this month’s twist: I'd like to celebrate the New Year, not by showcasing resolutions (like we're really going to keep them, right?), but by scrapping Something New. This can be a New Year celebration, but it can also be something special that you've acquired during 2013, such as a a scrappy toy, a new home (or a renovation), or (best of all) a new family member… Perhaps you're excited by how a new recipe tued out, perhaps you've gotten your Savage claws on some new Prima… Use your imagination and I know that you'll come up with something that you'd love to share!!!!
      Tell me (or show me) and you’ll get an extra point.

The winner will receive a RAK from me.

Here are the due dates for January:

January 6
      January 13
      January 20
      January 27

And the January lineup:

Team 1

Cherene*
      [img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1389000771_2770_FT227122_img_1231_.jpg[/img]

Pala**
      [img:width=600&height=606]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1389647250_996_FT227122_newbo_rabbit_.jpg[/img]

Jeannie**

Erica***

Team 2

Cheryl**
      [img:width=600&height=599]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1389048534_17_FT227122_jan_2014_rr_.jpg[/img]

Christy**

Sherri**

Linda

Team 3

QT**

Kimberly***
      [img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1389657680_2760_FT227122_p1120092_edited-2_.jpg[/img]

Kathy*

Jennie**
      [img:width=600&height=568]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1390831624_896_FT227122_dscf2977_.jpg[/img]

Team 4

Kim***
      [img:width=600&height=616]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1388973082_131_FT227122_img_1992_.jpg[/img]

Hanne***
      1a8471dd-7fed-4972-952d-8822a0b2a746_zps562d81aa.jpg

Amy*

Ginger**
      1390866107_2715_FT227122_january_2_copy_zps9c8357cc.jpg

Sign me up! Any week should work!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Love the theme of your challenge Peggy! My something new should be arriving mid – January, so sign me up for week 4 when I should have lots of pictures of him!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I'm in. Any week should do.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I'm in, not week one though…I would rather be a follower…that week one still freaks me out!!!

Linda, you are getting something new and it is a him…Congratulations, how exciting! Can't wait to see your LO!

Barbara, you shouldn't be afraid to be week one! I would love to follow you any time!

Linda, can't wait to see the pictures of your something new!!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Peggy I'd like to play along this month as it is now open and from now on I should have some more time. Anything but week 1 should be ok with me. Can't wait to see your something new Linda! We had one in September!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Congrats Jennie!

Thanks Cheryl…And I know what your something new will be, Congrats to you also…Can't wait to see these LO's

I'll play…any week but the first week, please and thank you.

I'm in, for any week!

I'm in! Preferably for the 2nd or 3rd week though since we'll be having a baby shower for my 'something new' who is due next April on Feb 1st! 🙂

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I'm in…any week

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I am in – week 3 or 4 preferred.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I'm not going to be able to play this month. I have a lot going on, and will be going to CHA too.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Need more, oh Swirly Savages. I'd like to be able to post a schedule by Monday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 286 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.