Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW July 19 – un-altered item

This topic contains 60 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

So we all have gotten into altering items of one sort or another. Remember Heidi's challenge?

So what item do you have sitting around to alter that has been…well…sitting around? Let's say…3 months or more.

Tell us one or multiple items that you had great plans for and just haven't gotten around to.

Extra brownie points if you alter said item by the end of the month and post pictures here. You may even get a RAK from me ;)

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

So I have wine bottles, a cigar box, multiple cardboard boxes, Melissa Frances oval stacking boxes, a small round cheese box, more mini albums than you can shake a fist at, AND the Kaisercraft MDF desk caddy.

My Heidi Swapp shadowbox frame doesn't count because I just bought that at camp in June. LOL

The only thing I had specific plans for was the Kaisercraft. I purchased the Bo Bunny Enchanted line to cover the thing so it coordinated in my room but…I ain't done squat!!!

Ok gals…spill…whatcha got?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Let's see, I have like 4 minis, a wine bottle, a CREATE wood sign, like 14 frames, a candle holder……I think that's it.

:p

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Oh, dear, what I have here is a mess 🙁 (
          I'm actually putting the finishing touches on the tool box from the June tech kit. Nothing too fancy; I just wanted to make something to hold part of the monthly kit.

I did unearth a couple of small bottles that I bought a long time ago with every intention of altering them. Some frames, a couple of small balsa boxes…..

I'll TRY to work on something or other, not part of a project kit this month.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Okay, not really to respond to the question, but I did this too late to post in the Challenge Forums, so I'm putting it here. As I said, very, very simple.

[img:width=548&height=363]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374277766_36_FT214347_20130719_tool_box.jpg[/img]

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh Peggy that IS awesome!!! I really love the way it tued out with the dark wood and the grunged up text paper.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Um, Peggy- that's gorgeous!!!!! And, please post it in the box challenge thread anyway.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

great job Pegs!!!

So much…headbands, chipboard caddy and clock, jouals, and I want to do another tissue box too!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Your altered box is wonderful Peggy!!!
                    And I have so many projects waiting to be altered it would take a day to list!!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I have tons too.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I have a whole coer of things I need to alter. In fact, I'm going to work on one of them for the August kit- the colors are perfect for it. I hope it all comes together!

I have a couple of wooden boxes, some wooden frames, the toolbox kit and an advent calendar! I should get busy!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Okay, so I'm working on the tech challenge.
                          I've selected a photo that goes perfectly with the kit colors and the window chippie.
                          I have nothing that I think would work with the above.
                          I'm using corrugated cardboard.
                          And that's why we all have piles and piles and piles of stuff…

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Oh boy…do we have piles.

Speaking of which….short (long) story:

So last June I got an extra pp on TOP of my perma, plus an extra CS, plus extra flowers…I beefed up because I LOVED it so.

Do you know I still haven't touched ANY of it…until now. I just used it for my hot and sultry submission and I was oh so right to purchase so much of it because I just LOVE that kit. I plan to make at least one LO per month with that kit until it's used right up!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.