Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW July 26-How do you store…

This topic contains 62 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

With camp behind us and so many more goodies that we have had to cram into our spaces…tell us your favorite/most creative/or what kind of storage you use for your inks, papers, punches, dies…whateveh.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I store my Ingvald Bolme inks in a bulk pickle jar. Yes…a pickle Jar!!!

I love my home made magnetic wafer storage that I showed in the scrap room organization thread.

But most of all I LOVE my custom paper and ink storage that my hubby made for me. He went so over the top with the mounting brackets so that I could pile as much paper as I want and it doesn't move. Thank you hubby 🙂

br][img:width=465&height=700]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1373416017_572_FT0_scraproom3.jpg[/img]

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I don't know how creative it is, but I have my flowers that are loose in a fishbowl vase, and I bought a darling chest with dividers for my mini blossoms. I also have my lace in a glass jar with glass lid. I'll take a pic later. 🙂

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Great question!!!!
            I was storing a lot of things in baskets and decorative boxes from M's and it all became an unorganized jumble with everything so well hidden that I really had no idea of how much stuff I really own.
            Part of the reason that I started rearranging things is that I was tired of having to clear off a space on the table for meals. The other reason is that I wanted easy access to everything.
            So…….. not much quirkiness here…

I wish I could remember where I got the ink pad caddy; I know that there is a link buried somewhere in the Storage forums. Behind it in the photo, you can see its mate. This is where I keep all of my Sizzix dies. That's my kit in the foreground, sorted in a Kaisercraft BTP organizer that I assembled and altered a couple of years ago for that purpose. More of the kit is nestled in the tool box that I completed last week.

[img:width=500&height=359]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374876785_36_FT214708_20130726_scrapspace_1.jpg[/img]

This is what got me started with the reorganization: the floor model Clip It Up that's holding all of my chippies on the top rung, all of my stencils in the center rung, all of my mists and acrylics in the two trays that I purchased separately, and alphas, stickers and a lot of miscellaneous stuff on the bottom.

[img:width=359&height=499]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374877127_36_FT214708_20130726_scrapspace_2.jpg[/img]

Here are the rest of my inks, my embossing powders, and stuff, sorted and labeled. Next to these are my punches in a number of baskets. My Vagabond is standing above them.

[img:width=496&height=372]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374877371_36_FT214708_20130726_scrapspace_3.jpg[/img]

More of the shelves (I bought them at ACMoore a while back and they're perfect for my needs), holding trims and trinkets, ephemera and so on, all pretty much sorted into Snapware bins.

[img:width=496&height=372]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374877590_36_FT214708_20130726_scrapspace_4.jpg[/img]

And here are my mediums and wood stamps, with several bottles ready to be altered on top.

[img:width=438&height=292]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374877822_36_FT214708_20130726_scrapspace_5.jpg[/img]

I <3 my Scrapbox,com Workbox and can't wait to get the matching desk for Christmas:)

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

DAY-UM, Peggy! That's GREAT! It looks fabulous! Where are your flowers? 🙂

Wow, Peggy! So organized! It looks wonderful!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Pegs…wonderful job!!! Looks super neat and organized.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Peggy you are way too organized…I'm jealous!

WOW Peggy…. LOVE IT!!!!!!!

I love the little wooden trays where you have stored your (I think) mica's and silks in. (3rd picture.)

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Wow. Wow, WOW!!!! I wanna come play at your house!!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

!heart

To tell the truth, I'm embarrassed to show how much I've accumulated over the past 5 years or so.

@rae: the flowers that came loose in the kits are in one of the Snapware bins. The rest (the ones that I didn't give away) are on a Clip It Up on the other side of the window.

@paulien, I got those trays from Lindy's Stamp Gang http://www.lindystampgang.com/magical-jar-organizer/ when they were having one of their better specials. They're sort of pricy, but they're a perfect fit for the Mica jars, and while a little big for the Embossing powders (but perfect for the Stampendous jars), they do work.
                      I've also been saving the trays that came with the Prima wood embellies. I'll probably use some for an altered project, but I think I'll be using the rest for storage.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Looks like a dream come true to me!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Here is my desktop storage
                          [img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374942334_41_FT214708_distress_storage_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374942334_41_FT214708_ink_pad.jpg[/img]
                          [img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374942334_41_FT214708_misc_storage.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Very beautiful, love all of your pretty clear jars and containers…reminds me of a candy store!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.