Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges July *Moments Captured* Sketch Challenge

This topic contains 33 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    droopidog
    droopidog
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

We hope you will join us for the July sketch challenge! Our July sketch challenge runs until August 31st and is open to EVERYONE! Upload your layout into the Facebook Gallery July *Moments Captured* Sketch section of the Swirlydoos Gallery and you will be entered to win a fantastic prize pack from Swirlydoos!

Check this sketch challenge thread often to see what the designers and other members have created using this sketch for inspiration!

Here is the sketch:

Here is some inspiration from the design team:

Kim

Ginny

Bec

Angelica

Jan

Kim
      My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Gorgeous work, ladies!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Kimberly
        Kimberly
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I agree. Gorgeous pages!!!

Bec
          Bec
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I can’t wait to see the entries this month, I loved this sketch ❤

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

This is my take on the July sketch.

Although any materials may be used to create my layout, I decided that two of the patterned papers – Borrow from the Kaisercraft Story Book collection and Borders from the Mister Tom’s Treasures by Pion Design.
              I used my Cameo to cut two bracket shapes from the “B” side of the Borders sheet, backed them with bits of chipboard to give them some dimension and adhered them to my photo, then to the Borrow sheet.
              Next, I treated my chippies (Flourish 26 from Creative Embellishments and a bit of filmstrip that Rae Moses gave me) with Blue Fern Studios embossing powder in Black Sand. The resulting color is amazing – an antique gold with black specks, a perfect contrast with the sand.
              And now for the fun: a few borders and alphas from the border sheet and from my stash netting, sea shells and beads to complete my beach scene!

The grandsons had a ball during their week at the Jersey Shore!!!

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Peggy Peggy.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Bec
              Bec
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Super gorgeous Peggy, that embossed Chipboard does go perfectly with the sand in the photo. Plus I love the litte ‘boys’ banner up the top.

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Great boy page, Peggy. I like your banner and all the paper strips.

Kimberly
                  Kimberly
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Beautiful page Peggy! I love all the layers, and what a cute photo.

anniescraps
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

This is my take on the July sketch.

Although any materials may be used to create my layout, I decided that two of the patterned papers – Borrow from the Kaisercraft Story Book collection and Borders from the Mister Tom’s Treasures by Pion Design.
                      I used my Cameo to cut two bracket shapes from the “B” side of the Borders sheet, backed them with bits of chipboard to give them some dimension and adhered them to my photo, then to the Borrow sheet.
                      Next, I treated my chippies (Flourish 26 from Creative Embellishments and a bit of filmstrip that Rae Moses gave me) with Blue Fern Studios embossing powder in Black Sand. The resulting color is amazing – an antique gold with black specks, a perfect contrast with the sand.
                      And now for the fun: a few borders and alphas from the border sheet and from my stash netting, sea shells and beads to complete my beach scene!

The grandsons had a ball during their week at the Jersey Shore!!!

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-451269″ style=”display: none;”>Peggy</span>Quote

Love that pic Peggy! I really like the way you used two brackets. Just a beautiful page!

GinnyH
                      GinnyH
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Super boys layout Peggy! Love the use of the shells in your clusters with the net. Fab take on the sketch!

ginny 🙂

droopidog
                        droopidog
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Only a couple more days left to enter ladies. Where are those wonderful layouts??

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

anniescraps
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Posted this on the FB page but almost forgot to post my LO for the sketch challenge here!
                            The colors from this kit worked beautifully with this photo of my two oldest on my wedding day (I’m remarried). This pic captured their happiness and love for each other as siblings…it is one of my favorites.
                            I made the large blue flowers from one of the patterned papers from the kit…sometimes I impress myself. Lots of patterned paper layers and a paper doily (all from the kit) Lindys Stamp Gang sprays, Prima flowers & bling, Petaloo butterflies and flowers.

droopidog
                            droopidog
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

This is so pretty Annie. Love your floral clusters and your splatters are great.

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

msjan1
                              msjan1
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Great job on the flowers and thank you for explaining the picture. All this time I thought that was you with your brother! lol!

anniescraps
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Great job on the flowers and thank you for explaining the picture. All this time I thought that was you with your brother! lol!

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-451664″ style=”display: none;”>msjan1</span>Quote

Thank you ladies! I really loved these papers for this photo.
                                  Jan – I am ROTFLOL OMG I needed that! Thank you for the compliment. My daughter and son are 18 months apart. She is now 30 going on 31 and my son is 29. Time sure flies…sigh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.