Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges JULY SGC CHALLENGE – ONE LARGE PHOTO-WE HAVE A WINNER!!! (See first post)

This topic contains 79 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Author

And the winner is……..Ginny! Congratualtions, Ginny! Please pm me your address! Thanks to everyone who played along. Your LO's were all Spectacular!!!

Hello ladies! I am hosting the July SGC challenge. I think will title it “One Large Photo”. So, the twists are going to be pretty simple. 1. Use one large photo, 2. Make a tag to use on your LO. 3. Fussy cut something. 4. Use some kind of fibers, ribbon, burlap, lace, etc. 5. Use something metal. Use all 5 of the twists please! I'm not requiring Swirlydoos products, but for an extra point, use at least 50% swirly products, either kits or purchased from the store. Make sure to mention in your post all of the twists you used. Post your lovely creations here and in the gallery. Projects are due by the end of the night on July 31st.

Here is a LO for inspiration. I know this is pretty basic and I didn’t use any Swirly products. This LO was for the centennial celebration album, so it had to be fairly flat. I made the tag for Maggie’s challenge on NSD. Some of you may have seen the LO I did for Rae’s challenge that weekend. It was of the house we live in when it was first built in 1920. This photo is of the same house now. It was stuccoed sometime in the late 20’s or early 30’s. The bathroom was also added on then. The house is so deceiving as it looks much bigger than it is. It really is only about 1000 sq feet.

[img:width=600&height=595]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1404231140_17_FT0_july_sgc_.jpg[/img]

Jan
    1404918726_5_FT243683_my_love_.jpg
    Sue
    1405322921_2757_FT243683_july_008.jpg
    Peggy
    1405364545_36_FT243683_such_an_angel.jpg
    Gail (magicalmagpie)
    1405437800_168_FT243683_be_happy_1_.jpg
    Ginny
    1405541288_2865_FT243683_rsz_dsc_0156_5_.jpg
    Barbara (pala)
    1405869347_996_FT243683_cousins_5_.jpg
    Linda
    1406871748_550_FT243683_sgc_800_.jpg

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh this is LOVELY Cheryl! I adored that tag when you made it and it is perfect on this layout!! Look at all the trees around your house now … what an amazing difference from the original photo.

I love this challenge! I can't wait to see how I can fit one of my tags onto a layout!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Sounds fun Cheryl! Love your LO!!! People move so often these days, including me…I envy that you still have and live in your same family home, it is charming….

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

That is so true Barbara. We moved so often when I was a child, by the time I was an adult I was REALLY yeaing for roots. We managed to live in one place for over 30 years as we were raising our kids, but then my husband's work took us to a new town and another house. It's taken me 6 years, but I'm finally feeling like I'm at home again!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Awesome Cheryl 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

What a great challenge Cheryl and I love your inspiration piece!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

This is a good challenge! Got ideas buzzing around 🙂

Snagg1
                Send PM

Great challenge!Hmm..I have some 5 x 7 s waiting to be scrapped!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Beautiful page! Great challenge!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Cheryl, I LOVE that photo and I love the way that you've scrapped and joualed it!!!!

Awesome challenge, let me go through my photos and roll up my sleeves…..

Ok. I finished this one last night. Thank you for the challenge, Cheryl!

Here goes: one big picture of my sweet boy, Cody, on my wedding day, burlap as my fiber, fussy cut using Tammy's technique that was shared by Maggie on the Anatomy of a Layout for July, made a tag to include on the lo, and used a metal embelly on the tag. I think that hits all 5 challenges. tfl!

[img:width=600&height=587]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1404918726_5_FT243683_my_love_.jpg[/img]

Oh, Jan! This is a gorgeous page to remember Cody! Love the fussy cut flower border and your fabulous tag!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Awesome job on the challenge Jan, such a cute photo of Cody. Love your fussy cutting and pretty tag!

Great layout, Jan!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Ok. I finished this one last night. Thank you for the challenge, Cheryl!

Here goes: one big picture of my sweet boy, Cody, on my wedding day, burlap as my fiber, fussy cut using Tammy's technique that was shared by Maggie on the Anatomy of a Layout for July, made a tag to include on the lo, and used a metal embelly on the tag. I think that hits all 5 challenges. tfl!

[url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1404918726_5_FT243683_my_love.jpg][img:width=600&height=587]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1404918726_5_FT243683_my_love_.jpg[/img][/url]

Beautiful cluster of embellies; your fussy cutting is amazing!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.