This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Okay girls, I'm sorry I missed out on the last couple of postings, but we should be on schedule from now on.
    So for today it is MASCULINE ONLY and with Father's day in mind, I created this card.

father600.jpg

And here's how I created it.

1-14.jpg

I selected my papers

2-14.jpg

I added some Gesso to my top and bottom paper, using a credit card to scrape it on. Took my heat gun to dry it. (This was totally inspired by Heidi her technique. She did a video on the Prima blog last week. If you haven't seen it… you should!!!) here's the link to it: http://prima.typepad.com/prima/2012/06/video-day-with-heidi-kelley-.html

3-14.jpg

I added some spray ink over the Gesso and heat dry it.

4-14.jpg

I also sprayed my pocket watch. I used Dylussions Spray ink.

5-12.jpg

I cut some gauze bandage, twice as wide as my card is,and inked randomly.

6-13.jpg

I randomly sprayed my base card and heat dry it.

7-13.jpg

I glued down my top and bottom paper.

8-12.jpg

Added my light colored paper strip

9-12.jpg

I distressed the edges of this piece of paper

10-9.jpg

sprayed it with water and let it sit for a minute

11-12.jpg

Then I pinched the paper and heat dry it. After it was dry I inked up the edges.

12-12.jpg

I sprayed a piece of cardstock, cause I wanted to mat my sentiment.

13-12.jpg

and this is how it looks.

14-11.jpg

I added my gauze bandage. Did 2 layers of it, and on top of that, I glued my pinched paper strip.
    Used my hot glue gun for these steps.

15-10.jpg

I glued my inked pocket watch to a light color of PP, using glossy accents, and cut it out.

16-10.jpg

Glued my pocket watch and sentiment down like this.

17-8.jpg

I added some hand stitching to the top and bottom of my card and I also stitched the key, to my sentiment. I did a loose stitch, cause I want it to dangle.

18-7.jpg

Lastly I added some liquid pearls and some of those cute little TH paperclips.

father600.jpg

And this is what my finished Father's day card looks like.

***************************************************************************************

What I would like to see on your Masculine card or tag is:

* use some gauze bandage
    * use a sticker sentiment
    * use some >HAND< stitching

Can't wait to see your cards ladies.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Awesome card Paulien, can't wait till I get back home to try this out!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Beautiful!!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I've been thinking and thinking and trying (unsuccessfully) to come up with a different design for a card to send to my son. This is perfect, Paulien!!!!! Thanks so much & I'll get to work on it first thing tomorrow!!!!!!

Fantastic guy card, Paulien! Thanks for the tutorial!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

A FANTASTIC masculine card. So many elements that we can use again and again. Thank you Paulien for so many great ideas and for the tutorial. Hope you are feeling alot better now x

PS I love the way you use a bandage !

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Stuning Paulien!!! Yo make it look so easy!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Wonderful card!!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I'll be mailing this first thing tomorrow moing, so the picture isn't the best.

[img:width=318&height=448]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339632799_36_FT160417_20120613_fathers_day.jpg[/img]

Gesso, gauze, handstitching, it's all there, along with components from various kits…

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Fabulous job on the card Peggy!

I totally agree on that!!! And wow Peggy…. you were so fast!! I bet your son will love it!!!!!

Love the card, Peggy! Your son is going to love it, too!!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Here is my Father's Day card. There was a piece of ledger PP in the Writing Desk Add-On kit that matched the Bo Bunny sticker beautifully, so I used some Broken China Distress Stain on the white cardstock of the card and it came together really easily. There are hand-stitched X's in the coers of the card, and I used the gauze bandage as the string for my banner. I saw a card like this on a blog (sorry, I don't remember which one) and loved the way it opened up to reveal the banner.

[img:width=480&height=640]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1340043164_876_FT160417_swirlydoos_card_06-12-2012.jpg[/img]
                      [img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1340043164_876_FT160417_swirlydoos_card_06-12-2012_2_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Great card, Peggy! Love the gears, the gesso adds interest to the top and love the layer of misted gauze behind the key.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Jackie I love your card and the cute little banner when you open it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.