Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges June "Antiquities" Swirlyhues (WINNER UPDATE!!!)

This topic contains 71 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author

CONGRATS TO:

Barbara – #1ST PLACE WINNER (please grab your braggin' rights blinkie from out blog)
    Pascale – #2ND PLACE WINNER (please grab your braggin' rights blinkie from out blog)

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PLAYED ALONG THIS MONTH TOO!!!

It's that fabulous time again… Swirlyhues!!! Please join us in making a layout using this month's rich palette.

[img:width=600&height=464]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339440668_1015_FT0_2012-june.jpg[/img]

The Rules:
    1) Must stick to the hues provided. You may add black or white, but it can NOT be more than 5% of your total page and can NOT be a main element.
    2) SKETCH IS OPTIONAL. You can submit a card if you'd like too. 🙂
    3) Now for the Swirly-fying element – you can choose to use one of our tutorials on your page. Here is a LINK to our tutorials. It is really to our forum. Just scroll down. Our tutorials are separated by category. You can choose anything your beautiful, creative heart desires.
    4) Create a post on your blog for your SwirlyHues entry.
    5) If you have a blog, please use our link in the right hand side bar to upload your challenge entry. (look undeeath the SwirlyHues links) to your blog page with this challenge, not just your blog in general. If you DO NOT have a blog, you can still use the link to the right and link us to your online gallery page!
    6) You have until midnight easte time on July 10th to submit your entry. 2 winners will be chosen; 1st and 2nd place. Each winner will receive one of our highly coveted blog badges (see the right-side bar). Winners will be posted to the Swirlydoos blog on the 13th of the month (unless otherwise noted), as well as our Facebook page. Check back here to see your name and then contact LisaV at [email protected] She will make sure you get your blog badge and then we'll add you to our blog for the month! Superstahhhhhh *strike a pose*
    7) The next challenge will be uploaded to our blog on July 10th!

The sketch:

[img:width=593&height=594]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339440711_1015_FT0_sketch.jpg[/img]

DT Inspiration:

[img:width=600&height=592]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339441059_1015_FT0_sh_ang.jpg[/img]
    [img:width=595&height=591]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339441059_1015_FT0_sh_irene.jpg[/img]
    [img:width=600&height=597]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339441059_1015_FT0_sh_karola.jpg[/img]
    [img:width=593&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339441059_1015_FT0_sh_paulien.jpg[/img]
    [img:width=500&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339441059_1015_FT0_sh_rae.jpg[/img]
    [img:width=600&height=596]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339441059_1015_FT0_sh_vicky.jpg[/img]

Love the palette, the beautiful sketch and all of the inspiring LO's done by the DT! I really am going to try and get this done this month!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Great pallete and a great sketch too Vicky. The DT los are STUNNING!!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Love the palette colors and the layouts are just gorgeous!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Gorgeous lo's ladies!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Beautiful pallete, gorgeous pages!!!!!!
            Now, to get my kit….

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Gorgeous palette and the DT LO's are outstanding

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Gorgeous layouts and the colors are wonderful!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I am quick off the mark this month!! Here is my entry using a complete Hotch Potch of supplies! I wanted to try and do something different this month, so I made an inky background from glimmer mists, smooch mists and distress inks over a mask. This is a wonderful photograph of my father-in-law's sister May taken in the 1920s. She was a wonderful lady and I much admired here even though I only knew her in her later life.

I used two flower tutorials: Lisa's Siwrly Hibiscus and Pascale's Camelot Style Flowers.

[img:width=599&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339861385_896_FT160374_2012_june_002_swirlyhues.jpg[/img]

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Jennie, I love this. The misting , layers and embellies are marvelous

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Wow Jennie this is fabulous, I love the background paper and the layout is beautiful!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I am quick off the mark this month!! Here is my entry using a complete Hotch Potch of supplies! I wanted to try and do something different this month, so I made an inky background from glimmer mists, smooch mists and distress inks over a mask. This is a wonderful photograph of my father-in-law's sister May taken in the 1920s. She was a wonderful lady and I much admired here even though I only knew her in her later life.

I used two flower tutorials: Lisa's Siwrly Hibiscus and Pascale's Camelot Style Flowers.

[img:width=599&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339861385_896_FT160374_2012_june_002_swirlyhues.jpg[/img]

This is beautiful!! Love the inking!! For some reason when I try spraying and get those spots, I don't like it. But I sure love everyone's layouts with the spots!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I will have my entry ready soon. I got something on the photo, so had to reprint it. Once it dries I can put it together.

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Jeannie, that is soooo gorgeous! I love everything about it!

ohhh so pretty Jennie – love how you used the colors to accent!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.