Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges June SCG Challenge – Superheros/villains – WINNER!!

This topic contains 133 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 135 total)
  • Author

OK so i was really RAking (lol) my brain for a good challenge for this group, it was so hard since so many things had been done before me, so here it is.

Think of a superhero or villain (Superman, He-man, Spiderman, Wonderwoman, and Xmen character, etc). Think of their costume, what powers they have, what their hero name is, where they are from, their weakness, alteate name, etc

Here are a couple sites for colors and examples of more characters;

http://www.littleboxofideas.com/blog/freebies/8-superhero-color-palettes-96-swatch-downloads%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url]
    http://abduzeedo.com/inspiration-super-heroes-color-schemes%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url]
    http://wiw.org/~jess/archives/2007/04/04/coolest-costumes-1/%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url]

For the challenge you need to pick a superhero or villain and use any of the above listed criteria (or if i missed something please speak up) to create your layout.
    Examples:
    – use the colors of their costume as your color scheme
    – use their name as your title
    – hometown as a vacation page or dream of vacation page

Extra Credit
    For each extra criteria you pick it gets you an extra vote

In my example I used Storm (from the Xmen) – her colors are black, brown, yellow, and a hint of red. She uses her powers to control the weather.
    I used the color scheme for my layout, I also used her name as my title (embedded in my joualing), and the layout has a dark and stormy feel to it (the clouds in the coer) – so I used 3 criteria in my page that gets me 2 extra votes.

OK, i think i fixed it all.

There are a lot of personal things in this LO, first i wrote about the storm of chaos our family as been in since his sister Kristen died (which i put her angel day of march 6 on the card in red ink, like blood to block out that day), in the writing i wrote Death and sadness have crossed your path at such a young age, yet you have prevailed and weather the storm of chaos in your life, for time does heal, and for this you are stronger than you will ever know. For the time passing i used the clocks under the photos, and the storm is from the clouds, but they are dark and confusing clouds, the splatters all over the page are the mess we have dealt with since her death (pain and suffering), but the metal parts and the lacing are the strength that holds our family together. I also distress the papers and his picture by folding it up to create the white lines on it, to show how he has weathered this time in his life. So as i said, a personal page to help me get through this time, but the twist is he is a superhero for enduring all this he has had to go through in his life starting at 3 years of age.

e017.jpg

Ok so now on to the fun part 🙂

THE RULES (copied this from Jennifer, lol I am lazy)

– Must be 60% or more Swirly Stuffs

– You may submit more than one layout

– Layout must be new for this challenge

– Please post here in the forum as well as in the Gallery. Title must include
    “June SGC Superhero”

– Please have your layouts uploaded to the appropriate gallery by midnight CST June 30.

– Voting will commence July 1st. Please PM me your 3 favorites (please do not vote for
    yourself.) Everyone who votes gets a point as well. Winner will be announced on or around
    July 7th.

– Winner gets a $10 gift certificate to swirlydoo!!

I hope that is all, enjoy!!

Entries – the * are for the extra votes you get for each extra criteria you put into your layout about your superhero or villain (your first criteria does not count as that was the initial entry, so the * are for each extra you did) – if i left some of your * out, please let me know

Shona – ***
    normal_DSC_0144_edited-1.jpg

Jennifer – ******

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1308534785_177_FT96086_june_2011_swirlys_kitty_superhero_.jpg[/img]

QT – **

[img:width=480&height=482]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1308574135_431_FT96086_dsc_0237b.jpg[/img]

Peggy – ****

[img:width=480&height=484]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1308666730_36_FT96086_blue_eye_the_pirate.jpg[/img]

Tracey – **

[img:width=600&height=568]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1308776763_563_FT96086_swirlyyoshimi_.jpg[/img]

Cheryl – **

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1309472389_17_FT96086_june_sgc_super_heroes_.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
      Send PM

What a fun challenge!! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with and I can't wait to see your example.

Wow, Erin! This should be a fun challenge! Can't wait to see your example LO! I am really planning on playing this month! Last month got away from me! Can't believe how the time flies sometimes!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

oh this sounds cool cant wait to see your example 🙂 fun

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I wonder who will dress up as Wonder Woman hehe

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Ooooo…I am so IN!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
              Send PM

Cool! Fits with an pic I've been holding aside, not sure how to scrap it-now gotta find the appropriate butt-kickin superhero!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I might do DR EVIL lmao <<<insert evil laugh

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

awwwwww I just saw your layout now…..aww that is a huge storm to go through at such a young age. Your layout is perfect

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Very Cool challenge!!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Your layout is gorgeous! I love all the sentimental aspect of the layout! He is a strong little boy!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Wonderful and touching LO Erin.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Absolutely stunning! Love everything about it. The personal tie-ins and detail are just amazing.

Snagg1
                            Send PM

Ditto what they said!! Awesome page Erin.

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Very cool challenge, Erin!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.