Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges June SGC – MIXED MEDIA MAYHEM! WINNER SUE, see last post!

This topic contains 155 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Ok then, swirly savages, time to make a mess, get your fingers dirty and make mayhem!! Ah yes, I like for my challenges to be…well challenging. I like to give you a little push and encourage you to get out of your comfort zones and try SOMETHING NEW! So here we go!

For this challenge you will need to create a layout using lots of mixed media! You will receive 1 point each for using any of the following techniques. The more points you have, the more chances you will have to win a fabulous RAK. (LOL, well I think my RAK is fabulous!)

You can use any or all of these techniques, but remember you get one chance to win the RAK with each technique.
      1. Use a stencil with molding paste
      2. Use a second stencil with any medium you desire
      3. Hand made flowers – at least 2
      4. Use embossing powder
      5. Use at least 2 different mists
      6. Use paint
      7. Use a stamp
      8. Use a diecut – purchased or one you cut, either is fine
      9. Use Swirlydoos products from a kit or from the store
      10.Use your imagination!!!

The Rules:

You must list the techniques you used so I will know how many points you have. Don't expect me to count your techniques 'cause they are not always obvious. The person with the most points wins the challenge. If there are several entries with the same point count, I will use Random.org to select the winner.
        Gotta share the love by commenting on everyone's entries in this thread
        Upload your LO to this thread and also to the gallery no later than midnight MST, June 30, 2014. Label your gallery entry SGC – June
        You layout must be new as of today, June 1, 2014
        Have fun!!

Alrighty then, here's some inspiration for you. Well I hope in inspires you!!

[img:width=600&height=602]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1401617078_312_FT0_sgc_june_cousins_prima_stationercopy_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=350]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1401617078_312_FT0_sgc_june_cousins_prima_stationerclose1_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=357]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1401617078_312_FT0_sgc_june_cousins_prima_stationerclose2_.jpg[/img]

Here you can see the effect of the mists I used. This LO has lots of shimmer and shine but its hard to capture that in a photo so I photoed in the bright sunlight.

[img:width=600&height=519]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1401617130_312_FT0_sgc_june_cousins_prima_stationerclose_.jpg[/img]

Here are the techniques I used:
      Used Prima stain stencil with Art Anthology Sandstone molding paste
      Used TCW stencil with white 13 Arts Ayeeda heavy gesso
      The two red flowers are handmade as are the 3 rolled roses
      I used gold UTEE embossing powder around the edges of my layout and around the scrunched red mat. I just randomly dabbed on embossing ink and covered with UTEE to acheive this effect.
      I used 3 different mists: Lindy's Cattail Copper Brown, Golden Lump o' Coal and Ranger Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold
      I used Claudia Hellmuth Studio altered orange paint dabbed on the flowers and painted the white stenciling
      I used a dots stamp and the same altered orange paint to randomly stamp all over the LO
      I diecut the two larger red flowers with Alterations Tattered Floral die and the Spellbinders Bella Rose for the leafy vines
      I used the March Swirlydoos kit, Salutations
      And of course we all use our imaginations!

Ok girlies, have fun with this. One helpful hint, don't over think this. Just start by slopping on some mixed media. Let it evolve until you are happy with it. For me, this is the key to mixed media!

Players:

Ginny – 5 points
      1402421497_2865_FT241245_dsc_0151_3.jpg

Jan – 10 points
      1402524294_5_FT241245_scatter_sunshine_.jpg

Jan – 10 points
      1402540470_5_FT241245_pupcakes_.jpg

Sue – 10 pts
      1402817370_2757_FT241245_june_011resized.jpg

Christy – 3 pts

1402844235_227_FT241245_mayacb.jpg

Christy – 8 pts

SheCB_zpsc9a36832.jpg

Barbara – 10 points

1403190842_996_FT241245_tree_shon_.jpg

Peggy – 10 points

1404085040_36_FT241245_down_on_the_farm.jpg

Kimberly – 10 points

1404114265_2760_FT241245_p6300233_edited-2_.jpg

Linda – 10 pts

1404177321_550_FT241245_sgc1a_.jpg

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Gorgeous! I love all the techniques! 🙂

I will really try to get to this challenge. I haven't had time for the SGCs lately, but it may work out this month.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Holy smokes! You really have thrown down a challenge!! LOL. This is really going to push me … I so hope I will have time to do it this month… we're doing a huge makeover of our front lawn and time for crafting is pretty limited… but I LOVE the challenge!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

PS… I LOVE your layout as well! Wish I could see all that sparkle and shimmer in real life!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Holy smokes! You really have thrown down a challenge!! LOL. This is really going to push me … I so hope I will have time to do it this month… we're doing a huge makeover of our front lawn and time for crafting is pretty limited… but I LOVE the challenge!

And that's why they call it a challenge, LOL!! Hee hee, I really hope you can find to do this one Linda cause I know you'll rock it!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh Wow Maggi…. that is one heck of a layout. BEAUTIFUL!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Great piece 🙂 Awesome techniques going on. I love Ayeeda product, very versatile.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Gorgeous page!!! I love your flowers!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Great challenge Maggi and your sample is beautiful!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Great challenge,Maggi! I agree,some of the best pieces come from just going with the flow and having fun!

This sounds like fun.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Great challenge Maggi. I hope I have time to get this done.

Awesome challenge, Maggi! As soon as I get through the next 2 weeks, I hope to do this!

Such a fun challenge =) Great page Maggi!

OMG!!!! Maggi, your page is stunning!!! Inspiration in buckets but I will never do anything to compare to that!!! What a fun challenge!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.