Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Just Crazy!!!

This topic contains 38 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Well, woke up to the toado sirens. Yes, toadoes in STL, MO area. It is 70 degrees with very high winds bringing in the storm front with hail and several toadoes. One touched down and destroyed a home, no injuries reported there but a death in another area. Now, very cold weather following the front with temps of lower 30s. Just in, more homes damaged in a town near by. Another toado has just touched down east of here about 20 miles.

It has passed my area now. The power was out for awhile. I was seriously starting to think I needed to pack all my scrap albums and take them to the basement! But, I was taking pictures out the back door and then it was past us that quickly!

WOW! Thank goodness it missed you! So scary. Glad you are okay. How did the pictures tu out?

That is just unheard of????? What is happening to our world??? It was 72 here yesterday, and colder than can be today. It's weird….just plain old weird. Glad you and yours are safe.

Glad you are safe Jan!!!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Glad you are safe Jan!!!

Me too. How scary!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Ooh scary Jan, glad it missed you.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

OMG Jan. I'm so glad that your safe!! Whew!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Yikes, I hate toados.

Glad all is ok with you Jan. I had heard a news bleep that 3 people died in toados but had not caught where it was at.

I know in KC it was 70 yesterday and it just had the feel I associate with that kind of weather – creepy. Now I am 4 hours straight west and it is 7 with several inches of snow.

I live in Toado Alley, but we haven't had toadoes in winter yet?? That is so weird. I would love to have a little snow….even some cold weather would be nice….instead of 75 to 85 degrees in the winter???

Snagg1
              Send PM

Jan, how scary!!! Glad you are ok. Sheesh….crazy weather all around us

Yikes! That must have been scary. Toados!!!
              I'm so glad we don't have them here.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

OH MY JAN, that is beyond SCARY!!!! I would have FREAKED!!!!
                SOOOOOOO glad you and your family are okay…..
                Big Hugs!!!

So, where are the pics? 🙂

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Jan, so glad that you're okay!!!!!!
                  I saw this in the paper this moing. Mandy had the same thing a few weeks ago…
                  During our blizzard last Sunday, we were getting booms of thunder along with the snow and the wind.
                  Looks like we're in for another year of freak storms 🙁 (

Peggy, that sounds like some freaky weather, too. It has really been strange lately. Thank you for all the well wishes.

So glad it passed you by, Jan! Stay safe!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.