Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Kinda bummed!!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I tried out for my first DT and well I guess either my stuff isn't good enough yet…or it doesn't fit there site because I didn't get an e-mail. 🙁 . sniff sniff..

Snagg1
      Send PM

I know that feeling!!! But Maybe they havent contact you yet! U never know!

Don't feel bad honey. I have tried out for at least 20 and no one has picked me up either. Im not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong.

Yeah, I have tried out a lot as well. You NEVER know what they are looking for. I gave up on trying out or submitting and just do mah thang!

Like you said, the style may not fit at this particular time. Has no reflection on your work. As we all know there are vastly differing styles and looks that appeal to so many different types.

Chin up and keep on applying. This is not defeat for you because something better is around the coer.

Just to add (because a Swrily girl is never really done till the last bling is set)
      we have seen your work and it's fabulous.

Heck, nothin Shabby makes Layout of the week here! (Shabby Ambition aside). Seriously, Have confidence in your ability because you have talent.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Just to add (because a Swrily girl is never really done till the last bling is set)
        we have seen your work and it's fabulous.

Heck, nothin Shabby makes Layout of the week here! (Shabby Ambition aside). Seriously, Have confidence in your ability because you have talent.

Ditto! Your Work is Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

No worries… Bo bunny's office personally invited me to try out so I did and I still didn't make it. I have also tried out for several other companies to no avail, but they are after a certain style and there is no way I'm changing for them. Your stuff is fantastic, so don't give up!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Don't give up! You do great work!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Ditto what they're saying about your work; it's fantastic.

I do believe that it's more about style; yours may not fit with the line that they're promoting, it's not a reflection on your work.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Don't get discouraged. I've never tried out for any DTs, or anything like that, so I can't offer any advice, but your work is beautiful! There were a few FANTASTIC ladies on here that tried out for the Prima DT a few months ago, and they didn't make it, which I think is a shame, but they still rock! Not making it on a DT is no reflection of your talent!

Ditto what they're saying about your work; it's fantastic.

I do believe that it's more about style; yours may not fit with the line that they're promoting, it's not a reflection on your work.

Ditto!!!

Thanks girls…{{{hugs}}} to you all for making me feel beter!!

*better

Snagg1
                Send PM

Your work is gorgeous! I tried out for one DT, was accepted, and then I quit. There were problems going on there that needed to be addressed. Unfortunately there were 4 of us who left within a few days of each other.

I was sad and discouraged, a lot like what you are feeling now, but like Manda said, now I just do my own thing. I'm doing this to have fun and make friends and lea more. If I feel good about a page that is all that matters. If another DT comes along, then it was supposed to.

This DT wasn't right for you. Chalk it up to experience and never, ever change your scrappy style!!!! Hugs!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.