Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Krissy….IPads for Autism

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Can I put that image on my blog with a link back here for donations?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Lisa, what a great idea. I would like to do it also.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Yes please!!! Please share! Thank you ladies, so much!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Krissy, this is wonderful! I am trying to convince my dh to make that our next purchase for Owen. I have been researching all the programs, and it looks invaluable!

It is. I use it at work for our kids and they love it. It is so adaptable to their needs as well. It is truly amazing!!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Krissy and Rae – Kevin has come SO FAR since he got his iPad!! The things he has leaed both cognitively and with his fine motor skills has really made a difference in his life. Mine too as he uses it to 'zone out' when he is overstimulated and needs quiet time. I attribute that thing to opening a million new doors for Kevin as he can handle so much more now.

As for the apps to help him talk – Kevin is aware enough now to be embarrassed that he needs help and won't use it for that. He really can't spell either and some of them require that.

If either of you want to talk about it, PM me and I'll send you my phone number. Honestly – the kids will LOVE IT!

sooooooo happy to hear of Kevin's success! who knew when this piece of technology came out that it would help so many! brings tears to my eyes knowing that people are getting a voice, a life, hope, from a piece of machinery that most of us just think of as a cool gaget.

When I was a special ed para, (12 years ago) I worked with a girl that couldn't talk and didn't do much sign language. She didn't like the sound boards either. This would have been an amazing tool for her.

sooooooo happy to hear of Kevin's success! who knew when this piece of technology came out that it would help so many! brings tears to my eyes knowing that people are getting a voice, a life, hope, from a piece of machinery that most of us just think of as a cool gaget.

Big Ditto!!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Leslie, that is AWESOME!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I feel like a dolt because I somehow missed the post about what you guys were doing. I thought you and Krissy were considering getting one for your kids and I wanted to chip in on how wonderful it is.

Leave it to me to not see the whole picture, lol!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.