Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week Layout Of the Week 10-24-10 Donna(mamadonald)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Donna brings us this bittersweet but beautiful Layout of the Week.
    The photo is of the oldest child of Donna's grandparents, bo in 1917, and her name was Dorothy. She was 14 months old in the big picture and the little picture didn't have her age on it, but Donna thinks that she looks like she was around 6 to 8 months old. She passed away when she was 2. Donna also has hidden joualing that tells about the struggles her grandparents went through to start a family.
    That is what preserving memories through scrapbooking is all about.
    Donna has added such beauty to such a bitter sweet story. The What if's will always haunt us. We will always wonder how life would be different if circumstances had been changed. But by preserving the memory of those long gone, are they really gone? Not from our hearts.
    Love the way the black distress inking just brings out the steel blues in the papers. Donna's embellishments add a vintage feeling that blend so perfectly with the photo's. Love the pin that appears to gather the coer. Perfect touch.
    Beautifully done Donna…We love this one.

[img:width=600&height=603]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1287921588_55_FT0_sept_kit_challenge_1471_.jpg[/img]

Congratulations, Donna! This is a gorgeous LO!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Donna, congratulations!!!!! Beautiful design and amazing joualing!!!!!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Donna I absolutely love this. What a tragic story, I just could not imagine that happening. Beautiful page. Congrats!!!!

Donna this is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Oh my! This is such a beautiful lo! Love everything about it including the what if questions. What a tribute. Congrats!

So beautiful and thought provoking. I had a relative that was tragically killed at the age of two in the 30's. Your LO made me think of this event in another way. Thanks for sharing this with us.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Gorgeous, thoughtful layout! Congrats!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

So beautiful Donna! Such lovely tribute! Sorry for your family's loss so long ago.

Congrats!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

FANTASTIC! LO!
            what a wonderful way to celebrate a life, even if it was brief, it was still important 🙂

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Congratulations Donna! I am absolutely blown away. This is such an incredible LO in every way!

Stunning LO congratulations

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Awesome lo, love it. Congratulations!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Congrats Donna! That is one gorgeous page!

Beautiful work on this! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.