Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week Layout of The Week 11-28-10 Kimberly Heard (droopidog)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    I thought, there are many things to be thankful for. Family, friends, happiness…But what is more important than LIFE..It is a precious gift…And so this week, to close out the holiday weekend, I give to you this very beautiful, very touching, very personal LO..By our very own Kimberly Heard.

Life's not the breath you take, the breathing in and out
    That gets you through the day,
    Isn't what it's all about
    Just might miss the point
    if you don't slow down the pace
    Life's not the breaths you take
    but the moments that take your breath away…

THANKFUL FOR LIFE

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1290958543_55_FT0_img_4508_.jpg[/img]

Here is Kims story in her own words…
    This was a really tough one to do. About 3 yrs ago my dear husband started having back pain and went to see his doc. He was sent to a neurologist. This went on for about a year. Finally after his symptoms continued to progress, he had a head cat scan done. They found not only a brain tumor, but the tumor had grown a cyst. I was schedule to go out of town the next day. He insisted that I go and he would take that time to talk to his family.

The day after I left he spoke with his brother and sister and wasn't feeling well. He thought it was stress. So he decided to stay at his sisters. I got a call the next moing that he had either a stroke or seizures. His sister was in a panic and didn't know. I immediately flew home. Tus out he was having multiple seizures and they were unable to get a hold of his neurologist. The neurosurgeon that was on call was wonderful. several day later he had surgery and the tumor tued out to be non-cancerous.

It has been 2 yrs since his seizure/surgery and he has been fine. So I am thankful for LIFE.

******************************************************************************

Thank you Kim for sharing your miraculous story with us. Life is such a blessing…

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving…
    It was an honor to choose this LO to put was is important into perspective…Thank you Kim for sharing.
    {{{{hugs}}}}

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Kim, congratulations!!!! Lisa's right, it's a beautiful design and an even more beautiful story…

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Kim, that is a beautiful LO and wow, what a story. I know that you know the true meaning of blessing. Hugs to you and your family!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Awesome layout! Congrats, Kim!

Wonderful Lo kim!!! Congrats!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

OMG!!!! I just saw this. Lisa thank you so much for this honor. Thank you all for you kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Kim

Incredibly touching story and a beautiful layout to honor it. Congrats!!!

Oh, Kim! What a beautiful story and wonderful LO! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am so glad that you had a miracle for you hubby. I am so excited to be roomies with you at camp. Thanks for brightening my day!

Well deserved Kim! Your story was touching and an equally amazing LO. Big congrats.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Kim, I just figured out that I know you from a long ago site, can't even think of the name but it was Cas and Ali's group. Hello again!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh congrats Kim…I loved that layout the moment I saw it. My mom also went through that surgery and her poor lil head looked the same awwwwww…..so it touched me deeply 🙂 congrats again

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Kim, I just figured out that I know you from a long ago site, can't even think of the name but it was Cas and Ali's group. Hello again!!

OMG, how have you been Maggi? It has been a long time. Imagine meeting up here.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Oh congrats Kim…I loved that layout the moment I saw it. My mom also went through that surgery and her poor lil head looked the same awwwwww…..so it touched me deeply 🙂 congrats again

Awww, Shona thank you. I hope your mom had a good outcome.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Kim, the SB community is not all that large is it?! We/ve come along way since that little group!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.