Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week Layout Of The Week 9-5-10 Cheryl Merrihew

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

This weeks beautiful LO was created by Cheryl Merrihew. What a great design!! The fussy cutting of the stamped paper is just incredibly rearranged perfectly. Cheryl loved the sheet of paper with the frame and butterflies on it, but it had her stumped. She felt she couldn’t get anything to work on it for her until she decided the frame was just in the wrong direction! So she fussy cut the frame out and tued it. The circle and layers cover up the hole it left.
    This is what she said…
    I used my Zutter to distress the papers and inked most everything. The big flower is from Lisa’s retro flower tutorial and I guess I did a twist on the small flowers. They were a mini rose tutorial I saved some time but instead of the bud in the center, I used the green rose buds off the Prima pearl swirls in the kit. I made my own faux bling tutorial that was Lynn’s and a little twist here also. I added rhinestones to the bling instead of all paint. I changed the color of the letters for the title by spraying them with GM (coffee shop) and I fussy cut the big butterfly on the paper and added a rhinestone body. Everything on here is from the Shabby Ambition kit except for the paint and rhinestones. The pic is of me and my newest dgd, Joia.

Very well executed!!! Love the twists and direction this LO took…Precious picture. Very beautifully done.
    Congrats Cheryl, We love it!!

[img:width=600&height=603]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1283709524_55_FT0_aug_sgc_2010_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Cheryl, heartwarming AND drop dead gorgeous!!!!!
      Congratulations!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Congrats, Cheryl! Your BOLD fussy-cutting certainly paid off!!!

Congratulations! This is such a BEAUTIFUL layout. You did a fantastic job with every detail!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Cheryl, this is a wonderful layout! Congrats!

I'm loving your LO! You inspired me today….Great job!

Totally Fabulous!!!! Congrats!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Marvelous job and much congrats Cheryl.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Congrats, Cheryl! This really is stunning!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Super gorgeous!! Congrats Cheryl!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

congrats Cheryl!! Just beautiful!!!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Congrats Cheryl! You knocked this one out of the park. Way to go!!!

Oh my! Thank you so much! I have leaed so much since I joined Swirlydoos! A year ago, I would probably have just stuck that piece of paper back in the box! LOL! Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

congrats! This layout is a beauty!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.