Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week Layout Of The Week April 9 2011 Elizabeth Bottoms (ElizabethB)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

It is singular how soon we lose the impression of what ceases to be constantly before us. A year impairs, a luster obliterates. There is little distinct left without an effort of memory, then indeed the lights are rekindled for a moment – but who can be sure that the Imagination is not the torch-bearer?

~Lord Byron~

[img:width=400&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1302455973_55_FT0_img_64374_1.jpg[/img]

Without the luxury of photographs, we would never remember or even know what memories the past held to some. Those of us lucky to have these photographs, have a wealth of hidden memories that hopefully, someone can tell us.
    This week I give you one such story. Elizabeth created this gorgeous LO of her mother. And this is the story behind the photo as translated from the joualing on her page.

Your grandmother worked in your great grandmothers coffeehouse. What is now the vacation apartment used to be the guest room. The whole garden was full of chairs and tables. Urli even kept a pig in the garden shed. Guests came and stayed in the upper rooms. Often they came each summer for 20 years in a row.
    I must say, the photo does seem to tell a story. We are glad that it actually has one. The blues in the LO are just beautiful. Love the treatment on the DA Gate and how the flowers separate the gate and photo. It is so pretty how the lacy border softens the hard lines of the photo and joualing box. Design perfection.
    Congrats Elizabeth on a beautiful LO and thank you for sharing the story behind the photo.
    Visit Elizabeth's blog for more inspiration.
    http://myschnipselblog.blogspot.com/%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url]

Oh, I just LOVE this LO. So sweet with so many memories attached. Lovely LO!

And a big Thank You goes out to Lisa G for all the lovely poetry that introduces each beautiful entry. I am so impressed how each introduction is perfect for the LO. WTG!!

Congrats Elizabeth beautiful LO!!

And a big Thank You goes out to Lisa G for all the lovely poetry that introduces each beautiful entry. I am so impressed how each introduction is perfect for the LO. WTG!!

Big Ditto!!!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Ditto on the poetry and great choice for the layout of the week….I LOVE LOVE this picture….I had my hair done like that for my senior prom (1966)…too funny

Awe…Thank you Debbie…I know immediately what I want to convey with poetry and quotes, and sometimes lyrics…And being a big fan of English Lit, specifically poetry, I know where to look.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

beautiful layout …congrats

Congratulations, Elizabeth! A beautiful LO!

Congrats!

Snagg1
          Send PM

Great choice!! Congratulations~

Ditto on the poetry and great choice for the layout of the week….I LOVE LOVE this picture….I had my hair done like that for my senior prom (1966)…too funny

If you have a pic, then you must scrap it !!

Holy cow is that ever gorgeous. Congrats on such a magnificent piece

Lovely, lovely l/o Elizabeth.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Congrats Elizabeth!! Wondeful LO!

And thank you Lisa for the beautiful intros each week.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.