Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week Layout Of The Week June 3 2012 ***Hanne***

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Silver City Ghost Town is listed on dozens of film location scout websites as well as with The Califoia Film Commission, The Los Angeles and The Ke County Film Commission. It has been the site of numerous film and video shoots since 1990 including use by Waer Chappell Music, A & E, The History Channel's This Week in History and a Nissan commercial. It has also been utilized for dozens of other still photo projects, independent film shoots and student films. Silver City has captured the essence and serenity of the best of the historic mining camps in the Ke Valley in a non-commercial museum like setting.
    Many believe that Silver City is haunted by spirits from that past and the site is listed in the “National Directory of Haunted Places”. Which brings to mind the question: Since most of the buildings were moved to the present site over a quarter of a century ago, did the ghost's move with the buildings or move in because it looked like home? Corlew, once a doubting Thomas, heard many stories over the years of poltergeist activity. But it was only after seven years of working on the site that he had his first conclusive sighting. “When you and two other people (all sober!) see a heavy miners lunch pail fly twelve feet across a room unaided you become a believer real quick”, says Corlew. Others have reported bottles floating in the air and doors and windows opening and closing by themselves.
    The infamous violin hanging in front of the general store sometimes seems to move by itself and many have heard the strings pluck as they walk by, according to Corlew. Reporter Kurt Rivera from Bakersfield’s Channel 17 News (TV) station called Silver City “The most haunted site in Ke County” after he and his television crew spent an eerie night in The Apalatea/Burlando house a few years back.

[img:width=600&height=296]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1338776553_55_FT0_silver_city_281024x50529_.jpg[/img]

Now this is the way your trips should be scrapped!!! Hanne, did an awesome job depicting what looks like a trip to Silver City in Califoia. Double page layouts are always fun when there is so much to see!! Hanne used multiple photo's in her layout to show the some fascinating places in the haunted town. She also used some souvenirs from the historic ghost town on her layout.. Awesome way to preserve a memory. Love the burlap that adds to the feel of the old west. It brings the whole layout together!! Great job Hanne!! makes us want to visit and maybe do some Ghost hunting of our own in Silver City!! Tell us a little about this layout!! We would love to know!!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Awesome! Love this so much! Great two-pager. Congrats!

Congratulations! Awesome LO!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I think that layout is so awesome and totally deserving of LOTW!!! Congrats Hanne!

Congratulations Hanne. That is an awesome 2 pager!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Super 2 page layout Hanne, congratulations!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Big congrats!!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you so much!

You all make so beautiful pages so I'm realy honored to be picked out as LOTW.

Will come back later tonight to tell more about it.

Yes, it is from Silver City in Califoia, we visited it six years ago on a trip to Califoia and Nevada. My husband (who you can see in yale) wanted to go to some ghost towns, and picked out Silver City and Rhyolite, which both were on the route we were going.
              Some weeks ago I had the last pictures from the trip induced and are now working my way through them. When I saw the SGC challenge for May I thought I could do something with some of those photos. I found these ones and looked through my kits and found that the French quarter collection from March were awesome together with these pictures.

I love when I can get the style, papers and embellishment to fit the motive in the pictures. This time I think I really did that.
              The papers worked so well and I just had to use my sewing machine – that really made a big different with the pages.
              To get the old look I distressed the photos using sandpaper and distress ink (vintage photo) and I did't care to be careful with them.

Thank you, Christy B, for a great challenge, that made me do this layout and
              thank you Lisa for picking my page as layout of the week.

Here are a link to my blog http://hanneshjoe.blogspot.no/2012/05/silver-city.html, and there you can see some closeups. I'm sorry that I only write in norwegian in the blog.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Fantastic layouts, congrats.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Congrats Hanne, great layout…

Congratulations Hanne! What an awesome layout! Love all the pics, colors, and burlap!

I'm at a loss for words it is so awesome, congrats!!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Amazing page!!! Congrats Hanne!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.