Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week layout Of The Week November 25, 2012***Shelley Schubert (Dizzy Blond)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    She fills my heart
    With very special things
    With angel songs
    With wild imaginings
    She fills my soul
    With so much love
    That anywhere I go
    I'm never lonely
    With her along who could be lonely
    I reach for her hand
    It's always there

[img:width=600&height=619]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1353892138_55_FT0_pop_and_nana_love_story28_resized290_.jpg[/img]

This week we bring to you this amazing layout by Shelley. She just recently joined Swirlydoos and as you cal tell, hit this creation right out of the ball park. The photo in the layout is Shelleys grandparents, and she tells us their love story in the joualing. Shelley used Lynne's wonderful technique video using Gelato's in her background corrugated circle. It tued out amazing!! The small details leave a big impression on this layout. Shelley found a great font to use, to create the joualing. It looks like a page to out of an old beautiful book. The joualing says:

On a fine spring day in 1937 Ohio, a young man named Bill decided to skip out on his high school graduation and hop on a train bound for Califoia. After arriving and settling in, he started frequenting a drive in, where he spotted a lovely red headed young lady by the name of Ruby.
    At first Ruby denied his advances, since she was dating someone else. But in the end, Bill won out, and they were married after only 4 months.
    Their life together was not all roses and romance… they had financial and emotional struggles… they were separated by World War 2… they endured happiness and heartache. But in the end, their love for each other persevered, and they were married for 61 years before Bill died. His last words were to Ruby, declaring his love.
    They were my grandparents, and I am truly touched by their true love story.

Shelley used the Dusty Attic piece encircling the clock and enhanced it further by using clock hands to finish it off. The lovely flourishes are Alterations diecuts painted and touched with paint daubers. This is simply a beautiful piece of art. If you visit Shelley's blog, dizzyblonddesigns.blogspot.com she shows us closeups and writes about the details of this layout. Beautiful art Shelley!! We really love this one!!

Snagg1
      Send PM

Love this one! So much texture and a love story to boot!! Great job Shelley!

Gorgeous LO, Shelley! Congratulations!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

fantastic Shelley big congrats!!!

Congratulations Shelley!!!! beautiful page!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Thank you SO much everyone! I am honored!

Shelley

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Congratulations Shelley, beautiful layout and beautiful love story!

Shelly love the colors & all the texture. Beautifully done. Congrats!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Beautiful!!! Great color choices. Congratulations 🙂

Great layout!!

Congrats!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Congratulations Shelley. Great layout! I love your colours.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

So so gorgeous!! Congrats, Shelley!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

OMG so amazing – huge congrats!!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Congratulations, Shelly!!!!!
                    I love what you've done with the gelatos!!!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Congrats Shelly. Lovely Page, love that DA Clock…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.