Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week Layout Of The Week October 2 2011 ***Sherri***

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

[img:width=600&height=189]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317545861_55_FT0_depositphotos_6581649-oporto-panorama-portugal_.jpg[/img]

Located along the Douro river estuary in northe Portugal, Porto is one of the oldest European centres, and registered as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1996. Its settlement dates back many centuries, when it was an outpost of the Roman Empire. Its Latin name, Portus Cale,[7] has been referred to as the origin for the name Portugal, based on transliteration and oral evolution from Latin. In Portuguese the city is spelled with a definite article as o Porto (English: the port). Consequently, its English name evolved from a misinterpretation of the oral pronunciation and referred to as Oporto in mode literature and by many speakers.

One of Portugal's inteationally famous exports, port wine, is named for Porto, since the metropolitan area, and in particular the adegas of Vila Nova de Gaia, were responsible for the production and export of the fortified wine.

[img:width=600&height=597]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317545982_55_FT0_port.jpg[/img]

We thought you may have wanted a little history lesson on the place of Sherri's travels. Back in 2005, Sherri visited Oporto, Portugal where she took a cruise down the River Duoro, while enjoying a glass of Port with new friends. Looks like you had a flippin fabulous time Sherri. Well, this LO is a knock out!!! So beautiful!! The color combo is AMAZING!! The techniques you used , you created to perfection! The design is off the hook as are your use of multiple photos!! You look beautiful!! Wow, we love it!! The zipper almost makes the viewer want to unzip it and let all of your travel stories spill out. Very creative feature indeed. Outstanding work here Sherri..It really caught our eye in the gallery this week!!

Sherri, I commented this may well be your most gorgeous LO yet! Plus you are just amazing looking here – peaceful , relaxed and the Sherri we know and love. (not the rogue Sherri that posts in round robins a day early starting a mad rush of rogue-ality. She must be your pirate minded twin LOL)

You have such a warm and inviting smile – you are just a joy to know in real life and I am blessed by you.
    This LO reflects all your clever beauty.

Congrats to you dear sistah! It is a stunning LO. And that zipper???? crazy freakin cool.

I also want to add that your scrapping is so amazingly inspiring. Not that it hasn't always been but you have found your stride and you are a scrapping force to be reckoned with!!!!! I love looking at your work and admiring the details, great sense of colors and your designs.

More congrats.

I agree Jen, Sherri is a joy to know in real life. It was so much fun to hang out together and do what we love!! Next camp…We give her a real bed!!! We love you Sherri!!! (oh quiet one)

What a great pick Lisa.

SUch a BEAUTIFUL page!!! Congrats Sherri.

Beautiful page and photo…never would have thought to use a zipper, how creative!!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

OMG Sherri, that LO is just divine, WOW!! The zipper is super cool but I love the coloring on your chippy! WOW, congrats, so well deserved!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

WTG Sherri, I love everything the colors, distressing, layering..it is gorgeous!!

Congrats Sherri! WTG!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Sherri, this is one stunning page!!! Well deserved congratulations!!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Congrats Sherri, Your LO is so inspiring. Gotta love it.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Amazingly gorgeous, Sherri! Congrats!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh wow, thanks so much ladies. Any bit of talent I have has come from watching you. Love you all to bits!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Lisa – you have the perfect pic of Oporto that is exactly as I remember it right down to the clouds overhead.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Well deserved. This is such a beautiful layout.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.