Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers LET'S ASK ANNA…Anna Dabrowska April 2011 Guest Designer

This topic contains 41 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

This is where we can ask Anna the buing questions you want to know her about her gorgeous work…

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh! I have one! Anna, where did you find all that FABULOUS ephemera on the double canvas LO on your blog?! The dark on one side and light on the other is just so symbolic! I love all the stuff and messy look of it all with the paint and gesso. Oh! I could gush for hours. Where did you begin and what led you to this point?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
        Send PM

How do you do it? Really…how? Do you use paint, gesso, mist, a combination of all of them? What is your go to product? ;D Thanks sweetie!!

Oh! I have one! Anna, where did you find all that FABULOUS ephemera on the double canvas LO on your blog?! The dark on one side and light on the other is just so symbolic! I love all the stuff and messy look of it all with the paint and gesso. Oh! I could gush for hours. Where did you begin and what led you to this point?

First of all, thank you so muc for your kind words on my project. I'm very happy you like it.
        Where do I get the ephemera… hmmm…. to be honest, I'm a collector and all my friends know it, so most of the time the jut give me their old, unused stuff like buttons, memory cards, electronic devices, jewellery… from time to time I also do a small treasure hunting on the flea market or visit the metal shop ;) The clocks' parts are mostly from old alarm clocks, found on th flea markets.
        I use all my stuff for different grungy compositions, and when I ran out of omething I look for some more – that's all. Most of my crazy embellies are just no names found somewhere in the drawer or bought somewhere on the street.

For creating canvases the most important thing is making the texture background: I build it both with papers and fabric, sometimes mixed with plastic elements – why not? Usually Istart with painting the background and then adding the texture pieces: cloth, paper scraps, bubble wrap or laces. The next step is adding more color, photo and embellismens – and finally – playing with color again:)

How do you do it? Really…how? Do you use paint, gesso, mist, a combination of all of them? What is your go to product? ;D Thanks sweetie!!

I have no one and only way to create – I love to experiment with different medias to get different, intereting effects. I usually ue acrylic paint, geso and Tattered Angels products: Glimmer Mist, Glimmer Glam and Glimmer Glaze – they give o many posibilities. My next favs are alcohol inks and gel mediums or molding pastes: they work both as a glue and a texture. 🙂 If had to name the supply I use the most – that would be the Glimmer Mist for sure!

Oh..I love Glimmer Mist!! I know own 64 bottles!!!! yippee!!! Now, to try and do a LO Anna style..That will be my next venture!! Thank you Anna for your tips and tricks…And did I see a drill bit on one of your LO's??? Wow… I think I may have to raid my husbands tool box!! Ya think he will notice a few bits and pieces gone???? Oh the wheels are tuing in my head!!!

Wheels??? Yes cogs and wheels!!! i have a bunch!!

I have absolutely No idea what Glimmer Glam is all about. Do I need some? 🙂

(oh yeah – dying to hear that that answer is because I know I need some just that I don't know exactly what I need… hahahaha)

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh..I love Glimmer Mist!! I know own 64 bottles!!!! yippee!!! Now, to try and do a LO Anna style..That will be my next venture!! Thank you Anna for your tips and tricks…And did I see a drill bit on one of your LO's??? Wow… I think I may have to raid my husbands tool box!! Ya think he will notice a few bits and pieces gone???? Oh the wheels are tuing in my head!!!

I tried to lift her style at the color room and bombed lmao …..good luck hahhaah

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

(oh yeah – dying to hear that that answer is because I know I need some just that I don't know exactly what I need… hahahaha)

good question 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Glimmer glam is paint with glitter in the paint. I think it's water based. I have a few colors. I personally like the darker and bright colors.

Anna thanks for the info…now to start the treasure hunt

I'm with you Jen!!

We got some Glimmer Glam in one a of our tech kits a while back.

I didn't get that kit!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.