Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Prayer Requests Life Sucks!

This topic contains 31 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

You know they always say Only the Good Die Young and the more I live life the more I believe this. One of my friends from the mainland (I live on Vancouver Island, so the mainland is Vancouver, BC) phoned me tonight to see if I would be over for Christmas and to let me know they were having a get together. She was filling me in on all the things that everyone has been up to. I was just about to ask her how our friend Gordie was doing when she informed me that he was quite sick. He has stage 4 colon & liver cancer. I have just been sitting here all evening thinking how unfair this is. He is one of the nicest, sweetest, kindest, wonderful men that you could ever meet and this is so unfair. If anyone deserves to live a long, healthy and happy life it would be him, so why is this happening? I have done a lot of things in my life that I am not proud of, hurt some people I should not have hurt – I have a lot of health problems but nothing has killed me yet and I'm still here, but I would gladly change places with our friend because he doesn't deserve this. If you could all say a little prayer for my friend I would appreciate it so much. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

So sorry to hear about you friend! I will keep him in my prayers!

sorry to hear that Steph. I'll keep you and your friend in my prayers.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

So, so sad Steph. I will keep him in my prayers!

I'm so sorry Steph! Sending prayers your way, for you and your friend. Keep your head up girlie..HUGS

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Steph, I am so sorry!!!!
          I'll be keeping your friend and YOU in my prayers….

{{{HUGS}}}

I'm so sorry Steph! I'll keep you and your friend in my prayers.

hugs & prayers

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thank you so much for all of your hugs and prayers.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

So sorry to hear this Steph! Sending prayers!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                Send PM

Steph I am sorry to hear about your friend's sickness. I wish him peace and comfort. It sounds like you have loved your friend well and good and that is such a gift. He is lucky to have a friend like you.

Oh Steph! I am so sorry to hear. I have been dealing with leukemia for 15 years now – because of it, and living in Houston where MD Anderson is, I have met some really great people with my type of cancer and with other types of cancer. Some that made it and others that did not. The question is always why them and not me? Everyone has that question at one time or another. I have seen miracles, people in stage 4 go into remission, and beautiful young mothers not make it. Cancer is the nastiest word in our language (IMHO) although everyday the are doctors coming up with more and more cures – or in my case – how to live with it.
                They best thing you can do for your friend is be there for him & love him. I will pray for his comfort and for his doctors to find the best possible treatment for him.

Hugs,

Ginger

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Thanks all!

Ginger I did not know this about you, I will keep you in my prayers too. I've dealt with three different types of cancer over the past 15 years and you are so right it is a nasty word! I am a firm believer in positive thinking and attitude when it comes to this horrible disease!

Prayers for all of you who are fighting or have loved ones fighting cancer. Prayers for you have fought and won that you stay in remission. The only positive thing I can say is at least you have a disease that they actually spend research dollars and are finding cures for. Lupus just had the first new drug hit the market in 50 years. Unfortunately, even though I still have significant symptoms my ANA levels are normal from what I am on, so I don't qualify to take it. I would have to stop taking all the meds I am on now, backslide to skyrocketing ANA levels and presumably even worse symptoms before I can even take it.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Maria they really do need to spend more on trying to find a cure for Lupus as it is a very devastating disease and a lot of people have no idea what what someone dealing with the disease goes through. I will keep you in my prayers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.