Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Lisa G

This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

I just found the most gorgeous flower…the peony. Have you made one yet using McGill punches? I can't figure out what the Highland Snowflake is used for???

Please remind me if you have done this tut. I found the flower on sb.c. Here's the mcgill site…http://www.mcgillinc.com/products/peony-paper-blossoms/

Here's the original flower….so pretty. Would love a tut on this one http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries&u=406625#comments

I've got those punches and have made it. I also just done another one using my cricut. I found this one in a cool book that my mom bought. It is using the apple shape. That shape is on the plantin schoolbook cart that came. With the cricut. The peoney is my fave flower. Sorry I jumped in when you asked lisa..

Try this one. The Snowflake is the back of the flower to attach the petals to.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/stampingscrapping1#p/u/1/qP_uMDxHrHw
    They have tuts for all of the different McGill flowers.

Oh, thanks Savages. That is so cool! That really is a pretty flower.

I've got those punches and have made it. I also just done another one using my cricut. I found this one in a cool book that my mom bought. It is using the apple shape. That shape is on the plantin schoolbook cart that came. With the cricut. The peoney is my fave flower. Sorry I jumped in when you asked lisa..

I have the Plantin cart….We want t tut and a pic of the flower that you make using that one….please!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

TFS…Laura!!!

Yes I will I have to wrap up a LO that I've got to get done. I actually am using that very bloom on that LO so I can follow up behind that with the tute.. Also on that LO my mom made a begonia that I'm using with the peony. We have been some flower making Jessies around here let me tell ya! Mom doesn't scrap but she is all about making flowers! I get to reap the rewards from it to hehee….

Ok….can't wait…..

Yea!!!! I made a peony! It's not all that, but I'll get better. I need the cushy mat to roll my petals on. I just used folded up paper towel….Where there's a will, there is a way!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Don't apologize for jumping in. Among the Savages, this is approved and encouraged behavior :p

And thanks for the heads up about the Plantain cart. That never would have occurred to me.

Ok….can't wait…..

Yea!!!! I made a peony! It's not all that, but I'll get better. I need the cushy mat to roll my petals on. I just used folded up paper towel….Where there's a will, there is a way!

Debbie, do you have a mouse pad? That will work if you have one laying around.

U must show deb! Can't wait to see! 🙂

It's a little big….I always err on the side of ginormous flowers! LOL!! I'm thinking that my specs are all off…the petals too big, the snowflake too small, etc. I don't have a soft mouse pad….and I need those stylus thingys to roll around on the paper. Never thought about adding one petal at a time??? DUH!! Thanks everyone for all the info. This is gonna be fun to make these.

I still want to see the fleur made from the Plantin Schoolbook cart. I just wish the punches or the cricut would cut out material. I saw some really pretty melted fleurs on youtube. It's a drag cutting out all those petals by hand!

Ok Debbbie I am working on the tute for you at this time. But wanted to try something that might help you with your problem to roll the flower petals on first and try it out. It worked great..

Do you have any of the Foam Sheets that ws so popular for a while? If so you can cut with your paper trimmer out a 5×7 piece you will need 3 to use some quick drying glue to glue the three pieces together. Lightly put it on just enough to make'em stick together.. I don't have any of the fancy stilist either so I use a ink pen (one with the clicker that is a pretty good size and is smooth, I also remove the pocket holder clip and it works just fine to get the petals to curl.) I'm getting things together to start the tute wanted to do this first to give you time to get things together (pad for petals) if you don't have the foam walley world does and some that is already precut to that size. A mouse pad works ok to but found that it seamed a little to stiff and didn't allow for good pressing.. 🙂

Oh, wow, Tammy! Thanks for the ideas! Where there is a will, there IS a way! Ok….going to get the foam sheets today….I had some around here but can't find them??? Thanks again! I'm trying desperately to stay off the Moon Shadow Mist order thread….Krissy hasn't closed it yet, and it's calling me…….

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

TFS Laura. There's some great videos there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.