Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Lisa's – 'puter question please

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

How do you get your screen shots into your tutorials? Are you putting into Word and then somehow importing to here? All I can think to do is put into Word, print, scan as a jpeg and them import as a picture. Is there an easier way?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
        Send PM

I upload my photos to photobucket first so that I can resize them.

Then you click on the post reply button. This takes you to the screen that allows you to upload your photo. You've used this when you've uploaded for a challenge.

From here I type until I need to insert a photo. At this point I flip over to photobucket and click on the IMG code. I flip back over to my post here at Swirlydoos and simply past the image code in the text box. Then I continue to type and repeat the process. You should click on the Preview button to make sure that your photos are where you want them and that they aren't gigantic LOL. Then you can hit reply to thread and you are all done!

If you are still having problems please let us know. ;)

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

What about a screen shot, ie, you have taken a screen shot of a screen on your computer of a softward program, how do you get that into your post? Do you save that screen shot as if it were a photo?

Thanks for tryingto help me!! I want to put a tutorial on my blog and can't quite figure out how to get all the parts there. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh that. I have a program called Snag it.. All I have to do is hit the Ctrl and Pt Scn button on my computer and drag the box to the section of the screen I want. then I save it in Adobe PDF form, bring it into Phototshop and convert it to Jpeg, save, done ..Screen Shot saved…Like this…

[img:width=600&height=331]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1293578882_55_FT59860_screenshot_.jpg[/img]

Some computers do it without the program. Try and hit Ctrl and Pt Sc button and see what happens…

I just do a screen print and save it to my desktop labeled numerically. Then I just import it through the browse button. If I needed to resize it which I typically don't, I could do it in PSE very easily. Just click on file >save for the web> then I either use 400×400 or 500×500.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I can do Ctrl + Prt Sc and then paste it into Word. What I don't think I can do is save in PDF format through Word. I was kind of thinking that I needed to be able to save as a PDF. Anyway, that helps to know what you are doing. Will have to see how I can save as a pdf document. I could do this on my work computer but I'd rather not. I have professional Adobe on my work computer and can do all kinds of neat things that Ican't do on my personal computer.

Thanks to both of you!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I just do a screen print and save it to my desktop labeled numerically. Then I just import it through the browse button. If I needed to resize it which I typically don't, I could do it in PSE very easily. Just click on file >save for the web> then I either use 400×400 or 500×500.

After doing a screen print, what program are you pasting the image into to save it?

Maggi, you may have the option to pdf in your print function; meaning when you save your pic in word, click on print and in the drop down box you can choose pdf and then it will convert what is in your Word document to a PDF document. Of course, this only works if you have the PDF option in your Print drop down. If you have Adobe PDF, this should be an option under Print. Good luck….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.