This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I absolutely love all the techniques you use on the tags. However, I just can't find a way to incorporate the tags into my layouts and don't have the space to just display them.

Is there anyway you could do a project/video using the techniques and ways to use kit leftovers on a canvas or other medium than a tag? Especially now that we are entering gift giving season. I would love to give some wonderfully created canvases as gifts. Please think about it for those of us that just can't use another tag.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh great idea Kim. I always see pretty tags people have made but never know how to use them on a layout.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Yes… Great idea! I have these little canvas waiting to be played with!!

I use the tags as present toppers. Stick them on a present. Everyone in my family now expects them!!! You can also personalize them and make them more special!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

My family would just toss them out. I do have friends that would love a canvas to hang on the wall.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I never think to put my tags on layouts, but I have, in the past, made tags, then put them on a card. They look nice with a plain coordinating color for a background, Or you could layer the background with another piece with a punch edges. A border stamp would also look nice on a card, then just slap the tag on.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Kim…..the first 'tover tag I created I adhered to a 5 x 7 Canvas and it was perfect!! Great piece of wall art!!

The second 'tover tag…..I made into a mini album to give as a gift.

The reason for the Technique tags is it is a mini canvas for me to work on to show techniques that you can incorporate into your layouts, mini's or canvases…..kinda a jumpin off point!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Thanks for the examples and explaination Lynne. Guess, with all the past tags and Timmy tags that I have done, I am just over the whole tag thing. I have so many stuffed in a drawer. I just want to work on a different palette. You know something different.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Thanks for the examples and explaination Lynne. Guess, with all the past tags and Timmy tags that I have done, I am just over the whole tag thing. I have so many stuffed in a drawer. I just want to work on a different palette. You know something different.

I will have to see what I can do girlio!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

You rock, but I'm sure I've told you that before!!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Great suggestions everyone!

Here is a great post on how to use tags on layouts:
                        http://bobunny.blogspot.ca/2012/11/layouts-with-tags.html

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

TFS Vicky!

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Thanks for the link Vicky. I've got an old photo album full of tags – I just love them but really don't know what to do with them all. However, I often use them as a kickstart when I've got no inspiration, so I thought I might make them into a book but some of them are so 3d that would be difficult! Hoping some idea will come along eventually.

I bring Tims tags out each year to decorate the house at Christmas – now filling three rooms !lol

PS Love all the technique tutorials Lynne. My Sunday afteoon viewing!

Those Timmy tags would make great Christmas oaments (back them up onto stiff board) or use your tags to make Christmas cards too – I did in a very simple way see this – http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.ca/2012/11/tu-tags-into-cards-helmarpion-design.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.