Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers making part of a picture black and white…

This topic contains 120 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 122 total)
  • Author

OK so I have this great picture of my neighbour at the cottage and the shot looks really cool…

He is amost blacked out and the colors of the sky and lake are so cool… The problem is he is almost just a silouhette and I would like him to be JUST be a silhouette on this!! Is there any program (free preferably) that will let me tu him into a silhouette without loosing the great colors in the rest of the picture??

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hmm, I think Lisa would be able to answer this one….OH LISA!!!!!!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I know there are some free photoshop actions and where you can change a photo to black and white and then add color where you want it. Not sure if there is a free program that does that though…

do you need photoshop to use those actions??

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Yes.

ok I think I figured out a way to do it just in Picasso the silouhette was already fairly dark just the top needed to go a little darker… I think I am happier with the picture now though!!

Snagg1
          Send PM

I used to have software that I paid $14 for and downloaded from the web. I lost it when my pc crashed and moved to my laptop. Anyway, it takes any photo you have and brings it in black and white. Then with tools similar to photo shop (paint brush, eraser, etc.) you remove the black and white layer to reveal the color photo below.

Clueless, yes, sounds like a question for Lisa!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I know how to do this in photoshop, but not any other programs.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I used to have software that I paid $14 for and downloaded from the web. I lost it when my pc crashed and moved to my laptop. Anyway, it takes any photo you have and brings it in black and white. Then with tools similar to photo shop (paint brush, eraser, etc.) you remove the black and white layer to reveal the color photo below.

Magicsplash.com

tfs!

Snagg1
              Send PM

[quote]

Magicsplash.com
              [/quote]

YES!! That was it!! Thank you so much!!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Thanks, Patti!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to check that one out….TFS!

Awesome!!! That is too cool….gotta have it….TFS!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.