March 1, 2011 at 1:31 pm #2346
Two of the attributes of Swirly Savages are the amazing collection of tips and tutorials here onsite and the equally amazing hoard of tools that we all seem to possess at home. With that in mind, I hereby challenge you to make your own embellies. Actually, I challenge you to make ALL of your embellies for this layout.
1. Except for the background paper, no prepackaged items standing alone.
2. Buttons, brads, trim, etc. may be used (sparingly) as components as long as they are only a small part of the item, such as buttons for flower centers.
3. Feel free to print flourishes and titles out on transparency paper.
4. Feel even freer to print out some of the wonderful images that can be found in out tips forum; just remember to note your benefactor!
5. Ditto with the tuts; if your flowers and such are inspired by a Swirly tutorial, please make note of the author.
6. Use of die cutters, punches, stamps and all other tools is encouraged.
7. Fussy cutting is even more encouraged.
8. ***Must be at least 50% Swirly stuff from kits past and current.
And a twist: Friends.
Please post on this thread and in the Gallery using March SGC Homemade as the first part of your title by March 31. Thanks so much and try to have as much fun as I will when I see what you come up with!!!!
And our entries are:
(For Fun) Lisa
7. Jennifer (Jrabs)***
First, a huge THANK YOU for all who participated, your creativity is so inspiring!!!!
And now for the voting rules:
1. Anyone can vote; you didn't have to post an entry!!!!!
2. DT members are not eligible. In this case, Lisa's gorgeous page is here to inspire; please do not vote for it.
3. Please PM me with your 3 choices by Thursday, April 7. You may vote for yourself if you wish.
4. Winner to be announced on Friday, April 8.March 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm #94380
ooooooo I LOVE THIS ONE….gorgeous layout OMG love those flowers Peggy!!!!!March 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm #94381March 1, 2011 at 2:53 pm #94382March 1, 2011 at 2:55 pm #94383March 1, 2011 at 2:59 pm #94384
Very Pretty Peggy!!!
I am all over this challenge!!! right up my alley girlfriend!!!March 1, 2011 at 3:03 pm #94385
what about altered bought embellishments like DA?
Sorry!!!!! Gotta make your own… ;DMarch 1, 2011 at 3:18 pm #94386
Very challenging and fun-thanks Peggy! My wheels are tuing already!March 1, 2011 at 5:32 pm #94387March 1, 2011 at 5:38 pm #94388
Great challenge. I better get started with the planning. You making us work on this one!
Lovely layout. I love your gold frame designMarch 1, 2011 at 7:59 pm #94389March 1, 2011 at 8:04 pm #94390
Love your layout Peggy. This is really going to be a challenge, I'm flower challenged.March 1, 2011 at 8:53 pm #94391
fab challenge Pegs! love your flowers! i think i'll wait for my new kit for this one……maybe some fussy cutting in that one…..March 1, 2011 at 9:24 pm #94393
This will certainly be a challenge for me, but I am up for it. Love the layout Peggy.March 1, 2011 at 9:28 pm #94394
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.