Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff March Tech Kit

This topic contains 77 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I thought I would make a forum for everyone to post pics of the tech kit once it is done and plans for what they are going to use it for. I know that looking over pictures of these kinds of things inspires me to try new things.

While I was working on mine yesterday it took on a life of its own. I had plans to make this lavish and lush little chest of drawers but once I saw the text paper, everything when out the window. My personal (home) style is very laid back and casual. I live in a house that was built in the late 1790's by farmers, so it is very simple. This chest of drawers more matches my style; vintage, warm and little wo by time.

I went with crackle paint that I inked with vintage photo and peeled paint. Misted it with water so that the ink could get into the cracks. I also added alcohol ink to two of those cute little bottles so that they stood out a little bit more. More like depression glass. I used sterling silver embossing powder and yellow perfect pearls on the candelabra. Then I took an old lapel pin and made a mold for UTEE. I poured bronze UTEE into the molds and when they came out I used Emerald and Pearl Perfect Pearls powder to age them so that they matched the really cute little pocket watch.

I am using mine for odds and ends from my scrap table. Things like small transparencies that I have stamped, extra flowers from cutting dies, and small DA pieces. Here's to hoping that my cats don't destroy it!

MarchTechKit.jpg

011-4.jpg

010-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

009.jpg

004.jpg

Lisa you totally rocked this tech kit. Wow it is awesome!!!

wow – amazing and so elegant. That is gorgeous

Wow! All I can say is WOW!!!
      I haven't even started on mine :o(

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

This is gorgeous!

Lisa, what crackle medium do you use? Or do you just use the crackle paint?

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Awesome Lisa, nope haven't started mine either. Tucked it away for a rainy day. Waiting for a bit of inspiration to knock me over!! Your chest just might be the inspiration I need! It looks great and what you did is kind of what I was imagining.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Wow!!!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!

Snagg1
              Send PM

I first painted it using Claudine's Studio Acrylic Paint in Blank Canvas. This is really nice paint. If you've not tried it, you owe it to yourself to buy some. Then I used Distress Crackle Paint in Picket Fence. I went really heavy with it some areas to get those nice big and deep cracks.

Lisa, this is better than the one we saw at CHA, simply gorgeous!!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Lisa, this is over the top gorgeous!!! Can I have it??

[quote]

I first painted it using Claudine's Studio Acrylic Paint in Blank Canvas. This is really nice paint. If you've not tried it, you owe it to yourself to buy some. Then I used Distress Crackle Paint in Picket Fence. I went really heavy with it some areas to get those nice big and deep cracks.

[/quote]
                This is really beautiful!!! I think I may crackle mine as well. I have 2 bottles of picket fence. I could probably gesso the base. I have plenty. I do like the script paper..You just did a really beautiful job with this beautiful chest of drawers. Very inspirational.

I saw really gorgeous draw pulls at HL, but I really like that you made your own. Very creative!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I love what you did with it-the choice of script paper is perfect. I live in an old house as well-not as old as yours -1850-and everything is old and wo whether I want it to be or not 🙂 I think I will go for it and try using crackle paint after seeing how good it looks here. Great work!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

[quote]
                    [quote]

[/quote]
                    This is really beautiful!!! I think I may crackle mine as well. I have 2 bottles of picket fence. I could probably gesso the base. I have plenty. I do like the script paper..You just did a really beautiful job with this beautiful chest of drawers. Very inspirational.
                    [/quote]

Aww, thanks *blushing*. Gesso would work really well as a base. I have a half bottle of picket fence and I still have some left, but then again I didn't paint the whole thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.