Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Markers???

This topic contains 43 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

NanciOgilvie
      Send PM

I'm ready to invest in new markers but just can't decide where to go. I'm a Tim holtz fan so I'm leaning toward his distress markers but was curious about what you guys thought on the topic. What brand do you like and why???

lisajoy
        Send PM

Those are the only markers I really use with any consistency. I have some alcohol-based art markers, I use them for joualing…..when I joual…..which is basically never….so I don't really use those.

NanciOgilvie
          Send PM

I'd say it depends on what you'll primarily be using the markers for. I have Tim markers for coloring and Distress techniques, Momento markers to coordinate with the ink pads (again for coloring), Sharpies for joualing, and a few specialty markers (like chalk ones). Aside from that, I prefer watercolors, colored pencils, chalks, etc. to markers, so I spent money on quality products that I know I'll use.

Snagg1
            Send PM

My most used markers are Pitt pens, followed by Signo, and then Copics.

lisajoy
              Send PM

What's a Pitt pen?

NanciOgilvie
                Send PM

Faber-Castell PITT artist pens 🙂

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Faber-Castell PITT artist pens 🙂

Thanks Monica! They come in a few different kinds of tips and many colors!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I am somewhat interested in the PITT pens. What would you say makes them unique, and what exactly do you use them for?

GlitterGirl
                      Send PM

Tim's or Faber-Castell depending on what you want (blending or really permanent).

Snagg1
                        Send PM

I am somewhat interested in the PITT pens. What would you say makes them unique, and what exactly do you use them for?

Hi Rae! The main reason I use them is because they are waterproof and cover really well so they are good for lettering or doodling or outlining. They are Indian ink and they don't blend with each other like Copics do. The fine tip is great for outlining, the small brush tips are good for doodling, and the big brush tips are great for coloring in doodles or drawings or enhancing areas like edges of flowers or stuff like that. There are also different sizes of tips too. I get mine at Meiningers downtown.

I use them for stuff like this:

[img:width=500&height=373]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1376068436_2593_FT215839_doodle_purple_hair_edge_1_500x373.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Wow! That's really cool! Okay. It's something to keep in mind. I just looked at that store- I REAL art store. I'd like to go there sometime.

Snagg1
                            Send PM

Wow! That's really cool! Okay. It's something to keep in mind. I just looked at that store- I REAL art store. I'd like to go there sometime.

Let me know and I'll meet you there! I go every couple of months.

lisajoy
                              Send PM

WOW! Nice job!

craftysprinkles
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

[quote]

Let me know and I'll meet you there! I go every couple of months.
                                [/quote]

Sounds like a plan! I do love art stores.

Krissy
                                Krissy
                                Swirly Admin
                                  Send PM

Portia – I have the Timmy pens and I have to say they dry up REALLY fast. Some gals here got them and store them on their sides and they tend to do better that way.

Copic's are great for blending but are sooooooo expensive. They are refillable though…so if you are going to use your marker alot copics may be the way to go for you.

let us know what you decide.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.