Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews Matte crackle paint other than Ranger?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Do you know of any other brands of matte crackle paint other than the Ranger Distress crackle paint? I find it too thick to put on intricate chipboard. I love how you can cover fine details with so many brands of glossy crackle paint but I prefer the white matte look. Any suggestions?

OK – so I found out that Martha Stewart makes some… crossing my fingers that my Michael's carries it!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I saw it yesterday at my Micheal's. It wasn't with the scrapbooking stuff, it was in the craft isle.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Keep us posted how you like it Vicky.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Yeah, let us know! I don't have patience for crackle…takes wayyyyy to long to dry!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have one that is quick drying. Can't remember the brand and I am at work right now.

Will try to go shop next week – too busy with kiddo birthdays right now… will keep you posted!

Don't waste your money on the Martha one… stick with Ranger. Good think I got it at 50% off – it sucks!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Vicky, thanks so much for the heads up. I do hate it when you spend all that money and it's a major fail.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

That sucks! Thanks or letting us know though! 🙂

OMG… look at this EASY and CHEAP crackle method I found for a great matte look. This link was posted in a thread for a bad review of the Martha product, LOL http://makethebestofthings.blogspot.ca/2010/05/crackle-finish-with-elmers-glue.html

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

This does good, Miranda had a video tutorial on this method. Was pretty much no fail method. Or if you enter elmers glue crackle on you tube, there are several videos.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Oh yeah…I saw these…I wonder how well they really work.

Wonder if it works with other glue. Must try it. I have not had much success with the ranger crackle paint or the crackle medium (can't remember what brand). And it takes sooooo long

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I does work. I used the technique on a card.
                      BUT it's not the same results as the Ranger.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.