Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges May 2014 Card Round Robin – Week 1 – We have a WINNER!

This topic contains 187 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

WELL!!! This was a wonderful month of card making and we had several cards nominated for top place, but in the end Angelica's (Saga's) stunning card for her grandchild, is the winner! Congratulations Angelica! Your card is truly beautiful! If you pm me your mailing address, I will send you a RAK. Thank you everyone for playing along this month!

Due dates for May:
      Week 1 – May 10th
      Week 2 – May 17th
      Week 3 – May 24th
      Week 4 – May 31st

Teams:

Team 1:

Cheryl

Peggy

Patty

Cherene

[img:width=600&height=800]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1401501877_2770_FT237516_img_2043_.jpg[/img]

Team 2:

Paulien

MayRR_zps7b5ec618.jpg

Linda

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1400357471_550_FT237516_card_rr_.jpg[/img]

Jennie

Steph

Team 3:
      Angelica (Saga)

[img:width=600&height=506]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1400320151_312_FT237516_stationers_desk_card__copy_.jpg

QT

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1400987734_431_FT237516_image_.jpg[/img]

Barbara

[img:width=600&height=533]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1400972554_996_FT237516_card_9_.jpg[/img]

Hi everyone! It's time to think about signing up for May's Card Round Robin. May is a wonderful month, full of fresh flowers, birds singing, and lots of sunshine. I think it will be a good month to make a card!

Standard Information:

This challenge is open to anyone who wants to participate.
      Using Swirlykits is NOT a requirement for this challenge – please feel free to use whatever supplies you like. However, if you do have a kit, we would love to see how you use it for a card!

How the Round Robin works:
      The person who is assigned the #1 spot on each team, will submit an original card on the first Saturday of the challenge. We do LOVE to know the HOW TOS! It doesn't have to be in a step by step tutorial, just as long as there is a description, on how you completed your work of art.

Then no #2 person will lift the card created by her teammate, and it will be due the following Saturday.

No #3 person will then lift #2 person and post it on the third, and final due date.

During the week it is always fun to see sneak peaks of the cards, if you have any.
      The card itself will be due on the Saturday you are assigned.

Please also remember to post your card in the Round Robin Card gallery. (Label them as May 2014 Card RR Challenge).

Information from me:

I would love to see the following twists used:

1. Make a Center Step Card. You will find a tutorial and sample at Splitcoaststampers. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/centerstepcard/
      2. Create the background using a mixed media technique, eg inking, spray mists, embossing, sanding, etc.
      3. Include handmade butterflies and flowers. (Cause it IS spring time you know! 🙂 ) You can find lots of images of butterflies to print and cut out under the Images and Graphics thread in the forum http://www.swirlydoos.com/sd_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?838. There's also tons of flower tutorials http://www.swirlydoos.com/sd_plugins/forum/forum_viewforum.php?49.

May has an extra Saturday in it, so I think I will run the challenge for 4 weeks. (Extra week – more to look forward to – right??)

If you'd like to join up, comment on this thread and let me know what week works best for you. The cut off for sign ups will be May 2nd. I'm looking forward to seeing some wonderful cards!

Snagg1
        Send PM

I'm in for week 3 or 4

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Of course I want to play.
          I can't do the first week, but 2, 3, or 4 all should work for me!!!

I think I could do Week 1, Linda!

I would love to play along. Week 1 would be best!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'm in week 3 or 4 please!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I would love to play along Linda, but I can only do week 2 or 3 as I am on holiday the first week and the final week I am doing a workshop with Finnabair (yay!!!!!!!).

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I would love to play along Linda, but I can only do week 2 or 3 as I am on holiday the first week and the final week I am doing a workshop with Finnabair (yay!!!!!!!).

Finnabair!! You lucky, lucky girl! That is wonderful!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I know Linda, I got one of thirty places. It is costing me an arm and a leg to get off the island here and down to Harrogate in England, but a chance of a life time!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I know Linda, I got one of thirty places. It is costing me an arm and a leg to get off the island here and down to Harrogate in England, but a chance of a life time!

Serious???? OMG, Jennie, that is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Yes I am still pinching myself!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

That is AWESOME Jennie!! She is such a nice person, I met her briefly at CHA, such a sweetheart!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Jennie you lucky girl, I'd love to be doing that, her work is so awesome!

That is AWESOME Jennie!!!!!!

Wow Jennie, you've made us all envious of you! You lucky thing!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 189 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.