Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges May Masculine Challenge ~Winner! See last post.~

This topic contains 97 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

The Bohemian Spring kit is lovely for elegant, feminine projects, AND masculine projects! So, this month, I'm hosting this May Masculine Challenge!

Here' what you have to do:

Make a man page including these elements:

-Metal
      -Fibers (ribbon, trims, fabric, etc.)
      -Circles
      -Paint

You will get one extra point for using all of the elements listed above.

You will get one extra point for using the Bohemian Spring kit.

You will get one extra point for commenting on all entries in the Swirlydoos gallery.

Upload your page to the May Masculine Challenge album in the gallery by June 10, midnight, MST.

You do not have to use the Bohemian Spring kit for this challenge. You can use whatever supplies you would like, so it's open to all!

Winner will receive a RAK from me!

And, I'm so excited that not only do I have an example, but some of the DT has also created some man pages too! Thanks, ladies!!!!

Rae
      1399067687_16_FT236719_may_2014_sd_awesome_lo-001.jpg

Maggi
      1398249418_312_FT236719_moments_dick_and_pelican_kc_kaleidoscope1_.jpg

Angelica
      1398724203_12_FT236719_img_6748_.jpg

Irene
      1398828215_33_FT236719_liferesizea.jpg

Tracey
      1398988619_563_FT236719_field_copy440.jpg

Kim
      1401457022_131_FT239631_img_2650.jpg

ENTRIES

Please choose your top TWO and PM me to vote. 🙂

Linda
      1400895920_550_FT239631_masculine_challenge_.jpg

Jan
      1401322775_5_FT239631_cody_masculine_challenge_.jpg

Cheryl
      1401327633_17_FT239631_may_sketch_challenge_.jpg

Ginny
      1401376377_2865_FT239631_dsc_0003_3_.jpg

Paula
      1402263823_2893_FT239631_john_and_thomas_.jpg

Oh wow! I'm excited about this! I have lots of masculine pages to do this month!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I'm excited too!! Just the other day I was thinking about how many LO's I've done of my grand-daughter and I have 2 little grandsons as well. Time to get down in the dirt and play! These are all fabulous inspiration – GREAT masculine pages!

Snagg1
          Send PM

time to get your grunge on!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I love these masculine pages, you have given us so much inspiration ladies!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I welcome this challenge as well! Love the LO's DT! I started scrapping mainly to scrap my two boys…I have only done a few…your pages give me great inspiration DT…Thanks

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Masculine pages have always been hard for me….I love flowers…lol!! Now, thanks to all the mixed media and more manly embellies it's super easy!! 🙂

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

You are right Angelica, this is a perfect time for masculine pages! I'm kinda glad I haven't made many yet!

OMG..those layouts are GORGEOUS!! Multi media and masculine layouts are way out of my comfort zone…I gotta give it a try…or at least I will lurk and see what everyone else is doing….maybe even lea something.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Give it a go Jeannie, I dare you!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

You can so do it, Jeannie!!

These layouts are amazing! They've all got such great backgrounds with the mixed media, such great masking. And Tracey, having a boy who's into football and cricket, your page has given me great inspiration, love how you've extended the 'grass', I also am too flowery and find masculine pages difficult, but now feel inspired!!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

So often I do more feminine pages, they are a majority in my family (4 girls 2 boys plus the 2 grandd's) I rarely do a lo of just one of my boys or hubby. I may do my 2 sons 🙂

Snagg1
                          Send PM

These are awesome pages DT!

Snagg1
                            Send PM

These layouts are amazing! They've all got such great backgrounds with the mixed media, such great masking. And Tracey, having a boy who's into football and cricket, your page has given me great inspiration, love how you've extended the 'grass', I also am too flowery and find masculine pages difficult, but now feel inspired!!

One of my first scrapbookss was a sports book for Hayden,who played some sport every season. They start off as garish neon paper and stickers pages and slowly morph through my phases as I leaed new techniques. It's a struggle to come with 14 different baseball layouts!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.