Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Scrap Clinic Mini Album Page Question

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

For those of you that create mini albums……do you just use the kit papers to create each page or do you layer the paper on top of something else to stiffen the pages a bit?

I've made several mini albums but not with alot of pages, so I've been handcutting chipboard and then covering it with my papers and any elements. But with a larger album, it would end up being too thick I'd think.

I'm on a mission to create an embellished album for my granddaughter's first year so my daughter can just add things to it throughout the year, so I'm wanting it to have lots of pages.

Any suggestions?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I've created mini albums by gluing two pieces of cardstock together, then adding the papers I wanted. It's thinner than most chipboard and holds up pretty well. 🙂

Do you mean for the cover, or for the pages itself? Cause if you are using heavy weight papers like Prima then it is enough to just use the PP itself for a page. You probably will add a picture or a joual card or whatever. I think I would use a thicker if my album is bigger than 6×6. I probably would make the pages from cardstock, covered with a PP.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I've created mini albums by gluing two pieces of cardstock together, then adding the papers I wanted. It's thinner than most chipboard and holds up pretty well. 🙂

I like that idea,Rae! I tend to use chipboard and it does get on the thicker side.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

This sounds like a good idea for the inner pages!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Do you mean for the cover, or for the pages itself? Cause if you are using heavy weight papers like Prima then it is enough to just use the PP itself for a page. You probably will add a picture or a joual card or whatever. I think I would use a thicker if my album is bigger than 6×6. I probably would make the pages from cardstock, covered with a PP.

Yes, I meant for the inner pages, sorry I didn't make that very clear did I? I use chipboard for the front and back covers. But never could figure out just what to do for the inner pages, especially since this album will be larger than any I've made so far. (I mean more pages.) But it's an 8×8.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

[quote]

I like that idea,Rae! I tend to use chipboard and it does get on the thicker side.
                [/quote]

Exactly- I don't think you NEED chipboard for the inside pages if you are doing basic shapes. But albums that you buy like the Bo Bunny ones with all the funky shapes and stuff are still pretty cool.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I havent tried the trick with the cardstock-great idea! I usually cut the thinner chipboard too.

If you use heavy cardstock or pp, such as Maja or G45, it should be enough. That's all I use on my pages.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Honestly I normally use cereal boxes! They are a really nice lightweight cardstock but when you add the thicker PP to the top it gives you a really nice base without being too thick.

Also…Heidi Swapp scrappy glue hardens when it's dry. You can glue 2 pieces of paper together with it and when it dries it feels like thick chipboard. The stuff is amazing! However, once the bottle has been open for a couple of months it literally smells like @$$. Not being crude…just honest.

anyway, I tend to use scrappy glue when making an open project (something that won't be in a frame or page protector) because it's so stiff.

Good luck to you!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.