Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff More prayers please! (Does it ever end!!)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Please pray for my dad. He fell and broke his hip last Friday. Has been in the hospital all this time, and was moved to a rehab hospital yesterday. He had a major surgery with rods and pins and screws to fix it. But he is 88 years old and the recovery in rehab is going to be grueling and is going to take a long time.

Been at the hospital every day, my sister and me alteating spending the nights with him. During all this he got something they call Sundowners where he gets all kinds of loopy when the sun goes down. He's ok during the day, but at night, well, that's a different story!! He has been better the last couple days, but it could come back. So we weren't comfortable with him being alone. Like I said, better now.

I have taken FLMA from work so I can watch my mom (Alzheimers) till he gets back home and is able to take care of things. Could be a couple months, if things go good. If not, well, I don't know what will happen. Cross that bridge if we come to it!

I will be living at my moms till things get somewhat back to normal. I will be coming home every 3 or 4 days to check on the cat and get mail, etc. so I will check in here as well.

Please pray that they can get my dad able to walk again, and pray that his hip heals right — problems with one of the incisions right now.

Didn't get to work on the Dec kit at all, and will probably not be able to work on the Jan one either. 🙁 Sucks!! But I will try to get a few things over to my mom's house and do something!! I miss it and I miss you all too!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Oh Robin, I'm so very, very sorry. Your family has had so much to deal with recently. I hope this is the end of all the heartaches for you and that even though it is a long road to recovery that every step along that road will be a step in the right direction from now on. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Snagg1
          Send PM

I have witnessed Sundowners I will say a prayer for all of you. Hang in there.

Sending lots of prayers for you and your family. Wishing your father a speedy recovery….

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'm so sorry, Robin! Still sending many prayers!! ((HUGS))

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh my, Robin! You have really been having a time lately!!! I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers! ((((Big Hugs!)))

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh Robin, hugs and prayers being sent your way. I truly hope the new year brings you some peace and relaxation. It is your tu for a break!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Robin, I am so sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and wishing for a speedy recovery for your dad. (((((BIG HUGS)))))

I hope he recovers well Robin. My grandma broke her hip a few times. It can be a long process. I pray for you and your family.

I am so sorry. My dad broke his hip at that age too, and he recovered quite well. keep us informed. Too much bad new for all the SwirlySisters.

Hang in there girl, don't forget to take care of yourself as well. {{{hugs}}}

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Oh, Robin I am so sorry for you and your family. I will continue to keep everyone in my prayers
                  {{{HUGE HUGS}}}}}}

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Robin, so sorry to hear this. Prayers for your mom and dad and for you as well. Please remember to take care of yourself. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}!!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Robin, you've been having one horrible year!!!! {{{ROBIN}}} ginormous hugs and prayers for all of your family that next year will bring relief to all of you.
                      And ditto to what Kim said: please take care of yourself !heart

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I am so sorry Robin.
                        My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family .
                        God Bless you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.