Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews New Christmas Paper Collections

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Ugh- I have to say that I am UNDERWHELMED with most of the Christmas collections that were released this summer. I sure hope we have more to choose from when the time comes to make cards and gift bags and whatnot! So, are there any collections that you like? Here's what i like so far:

http://www.mymindseye.com/Joyous.asp

http://www.paperwishes.com/products/4104170/vintage-christmas-paper-pack?WT.hotp_ct=cat-topsellerscroll

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I like that set, but I will confess, I hate Christmas…….It is the hardest holiday for me to scrap…… My kids have every holiday scraped but that one. lol I would pay to have someone scrap it.

(I do love the holiday itself)

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
          Send PM

Other than G45's line I haven't seen any yet that even make me a bit curious. Minds Eye looks real nice 🙂

I haven't seen any that I really really liked. It is all the same. Maybe a good mixture of papers. I don't know.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Here's the G45 line: http://www.g45papers.com/products/twas-the-night-before-christmas-category

I don't really love it. I do like a couple of the sheets for pattes, but the images are not really calling to me, and the tones of the colors are a little off for my taste. I will probably buy a few sheets, but I think they have made better Christmas collections in the past. 

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I like that set, but I will confess, I hate Christmas…….It is the hardest holiday for me to scrap…… My kids have every holiday scraped but that one. lol I would pay to have someone scrap it. (I do love the holiday itself)

I'm not great at getting pics for Christmas. I TRY. But, the pics always look ridiculous- messy wrapping paper everywhere, and the kids look like they could use a bath! It's not a prime time for pics. I feel like a crappy mom if I make everyone get dressed and have their hairbrushed before we open presents. ;)

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Nothing really blows me away, the Fabscraps line is ok. http://www.fabscrapsusa.com/default.aspx?PageID=353&CategoryID=93

G45 is ok. I'm not a huge fan of Christmas scrapping either. The photos I take of the family on Christmas Day are a mess just as Rae says

I did enjoy making altered things etc for Christmas last year so I will probably do that again this year, Yeah probably more gift boxes LOL!! and tags, maybe even a card or two.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I love scrapping Christmas. I must say, I'm not impressed with any of the Christmas lines I saw. I hope it gets better.

Yeah, I am kind of glad that I still have some papers left from Christmases Past! LOL! I just haven't seen much new stuff that I am crazy about. I like the looks of the vintage one from Paper Wishes, but I don't usually like the weight of the paper. I'm still looking for the perfect Christmas paper for 2014!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I'm not really super excited by any of the ones I've seen so far. The MME & G45 are not bad.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Lmao Rae!!!! Most of the pics I've gotten on Christmas mo, we look drunk or possessed! I prefer to take pics of tree decorating or cookie baking, then just some pics of the day itself with family gabbing around the table. Gift opening is so nuts in my house since there's a billion of us it's hard to get good shots.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I like the reverse sides of SOME of these, a little from each mfr.
                        I dunno, I'm just not into hohoho yet. I really should start to think about starting making cards, right?
                        I don't know if it's this attitude, but I'm just not craving any of the Christmas stuff that I'm seeing yet.

I don't do tons of Christmas pages, either. I do like to do one or two of the grandkids, but I must share a genetic link with Paula. We ALL look drunk or possessed ourselves.

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Our family too! LOL! This year, I vow to get tons of pics, and I'll have top set up the tree early for the December kit reveal! :P

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

I have the hardest time scrapping Christmas and dread it every year.

Krissy
                            Krissy
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

Using Christmas papers and embellies is one of my favorite times to scrap. There's so many beautiful things to play with … and all the glitter and snow and smiles … love it!

I hadn't seen the My Minds Eye set, it looks really pretty. Other than that, my fave has been Fabscraps. I was really disappointed with G45 this year. I think you nailed it Rae, the colours just aren't right.

I make a LOT of cards, oaments and altered projects at Christmas time. (I've already started. 🙂 )

For pictures, I love getting my traditional one of the grands with Santa… but you're right the moing of shots are pretty horrible. LOL.

My favorite layout I did from Christmas last year was actually this one, which isn't a Christmas photo at all, but I glitzed it up Christmas style.

[img:width=600&height=575]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1409152776_550_FT247289_008abc_.jpg[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.