Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews New Christmas Paper Lines 2016

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Kimberly
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I saw the new G45 St. Nicholas Collection I was emailed to pre-order from a store. It is a beautiful collection. http://www.g45papers.com/products/st-nicholas-collection
      I just saw Frank Garcia’s new collection for Prima called Sweet Peppermint. You can see the tags he made with this collection on his blog. http://www.frankgarciastudio.com/new-blog-1/

Are there any new Christmas collections on your wish list?

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I do like the Frank collection.
        I’m still waiting for a moost have, though. Looks like I’ll be using left over papers this year. Truth be told, I have a ton of holiday stuff that I really should use up, right?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Kimberly
        Kimberly
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I don’t have a ton of Christmas papers. I have bits and pieces left from the 2013 Christmas kit. I have bits and pieces from from previous clubs I belonged to thru the years. Most of that is Bo Bunny, but I have a little left from a real old Webster’s pages kit. Last year I bought a kit from Frank Garcia that had his Victorian Christmas Collection. That is the kit I have that is full. I will be using it this year for my Christmas Pictures.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Kimberly Kimberly.
          Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

That was a beautiful collection, wasn’t it? I didn’t make many cards last year, but I used the 6×6 for the ones that I did. I actually wish I had more of that left over.

Kimberly
            Kimberly
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I didn’t get the 6×6 in the kit, but there are so many yummy goodies in there. 12×12 paper, metal embellishments, paint, sprays, and gobs of flowers. I can’t wait to use it. I didn’t make a ton of cards last year either. Just cards for family and a few friends, and I did the card swap here last year. I usually use left over supplies for cards.

anniescraps
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I love all things Christmas, but that is why I have a boatload of Christmas paper and embellishments…and there it sits.
                Is it me or does it seem like the designs just go around and around and all of the manufacturers keep trying to reinvent the wheel?

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Ann, I so agree. I guess that there are only so many changes possible on a theme.
                  I did like the Kaisercraft line that Krissy used last year – all blues and silvers and pinks, but I don’t think I’d care to have it again.
                  I’ve actually cut back on Christmas purchases until I use up what I own. For some reason, I buy thick embellies and flowers and then I realize that I’m supposed to be mailing these cards out, so I try for “flat” and put all of the pretties aside.

anniescraps
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Ann, I so agree. I guess that there are only so many changes possible on a theme.
                    I did like the Kaisercraft line that Krissy used last year – all blues and silvers and pinks, but I don’t think I’d care to have it again.
                    I’ve actually cut back on Christmas purchases until I use up what I own. For some reason, I buy thick embellies and flowers and then I realize that I’m supposed to be mailing these cards out, so I try for “flat” and put all of the pretties aside.

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-451674″ style=”display: none;”>Peggy</span>Quote

I’m not generally a card maker but I always wonder how much it costs to ship 25 cards that are an inch thick…lol
                    That aside, those side pretties are just sooooooo lovely to look at!

Peggy
                    Peggy
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Ann, a lot!!! That’s why I’ve been making mine a lot flatter.

BTW, Prima’s Sweet Peppermint is growing on me more and more. I love the soft colors.

anniescraps
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Ann, a lot!!! That’s why I’ve been making mine a lot flatter.

BTW, Prima’s Sweet Peppermint is growing on me more and more. I love the soft colors.

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-452259″ style=”display: none;”>Peggy</span>Quote

I’ve only glimpsed the new Prima line, I am going to have to take a looksie. I’m meeting up with a friend at bluemoon scrapbooking tomorrow (they are located here in Tucson), he probably already has it in. I want to check out some mixed media stuff. I am soooo bad, especially since I’m going to the Scrapbook Expo in Mesa on Friday AND I haven’t touched the August SD kit AND I just got Septembers kit yesterday. Yes, I think I am a smidgen of a savage after all.

Kimberly
                        Kimberly
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I have to be honest I hated that silver bells kit by Kaisercraft. I never even opened that kit. I will keep a blue paper to maybe do a winter page and give the rest of the kit to a friend. I like traditional red/green/gold for Christmas! I wanted Kaisercraft Holy Night. I am hoping for a winter kit from another club I belong to that does themes. Yes. I expect to get a Halloween kit for October from them. I definitely need Halloween papers/embellishment. I have pictures to scrapbook. I am hoping Frank Garcia does a kit for his Sweet Peppermint line!

anniescraps
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Kim – Pion is releasing a Halloween line! I am patiently waiting for that one:)

droopidog
                            droopidog
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

I love the Silver Bells from Kaiser. I see that their new Christmas line will go with my leftovers. I kinda have my fingers crossed for it.

After years of all the traditional colors, I thought that line was a breath of fresh air. There are time I have Christmas pictures that don’t go with the traditional colors. So for me that was a total win.

Kim
                              My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Kim – Pion is releasing a Halloween line! I am patiently waiting for that one:)

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-452288″ style=”display: none;”>anniescraps</span>Quote

I saw that, too. And speaking of non-traditional, it looks a lot different from the usual lines, doesn’t it?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.