Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Introduce Yourself! New here, from Vancouver, BC

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

After lurking for a week I am in love, and have signed up for the monthly subscription. I'm so excited about joining you ladies, your LO's are truly beautiful. Nothing else I found matched the quality I've seen at Swirlydoos, and I'm so stoked to get my first kit. I've been papercrafting for the past 11 years, I was briefly a CM consultant but I enjoy making fussy, detailed layouts so that wasn't for me. I also love coloring with Copics and have been doing a lot of cardmaking lately.

I'm married to my high school sweetheart and we have three little boys, aged 5, 2.5 and 3 months. I am off on mateity leave until September 2012 and am hoping to have more scrapping time in the fall when my oldest starts school. Right now I'm limited to 15 minutes here and there during the day and if I'm lucky and bedtime goes well an hour or two at night.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Jackie (still trying to figure out how to make my avatar work!)

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Welcome Jackie, looks like you got it working. Can't wait to see your cards and layouts.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Thanks! I'm excited; thinking about participating in one of the challenges once I get my kit. Nothing like jumping in with both feet.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Welcome Jackie so glad you joined. You have the right idea jump right in makes it all the more fun. Can not wait to see your stuff.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Welcome aboard!

Welcome!! Jump right in!! Lots of fun here!!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Welcome Jackie.. I'm new here too.. I really think Im gonna like it…

Welcome Jackie! You will love it here!

Hi Jackie,
                Welcome to Swirlydoos!!!!

Welcome to Swirlydoos, Jackie!! So nice to have you here!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Hi Jackie, Welcome to Swirlydoos, Looking forward to getting to know you…

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Welcome Jackie! You will love it here and jumping in is the only way to go. We are a very supportive, loving bunch! Check out the Round Robin challenge when you get a chance. It is a lot of fun!

P.S. Every kit comes with a sketch and we run that challenge from the 15th of the month to the 15th of the next. This way all of our inteational ladies can play along too! Can't wait to see your work with the kits.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Jackie, what a cute baby!!!!!
                      Welcome to Swirlydoos!!! As you know, you're going to love your kits; you're also going to love the forums, full of inspiration and caring and a little silliness!!!!
                      I'll echo Lisa re: the challenges. We actually have five going on each month: along with the Sketch Challenge, the Round Robin, Angelica hosts the Butterfly Challenge where you're guaranteed to create a work of beauty and two SGC Challenges, hosted by members who volunteer to come up with great and creative ideas for us to meet.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Welcome to Swirlyworld!!!! Can't wait to see your LO's!!!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Hey ladies,

Thank you for all the warm welcomes! I'm trying out some of the techniques from the tutorials while I wait for my first kit and am really finding a lot of inspiration from you all. You're brilliant!

Jackie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.